Respected Contributor

Do Any of You use a Stick Foundation?

I have a perfectly good Bobbi Brown Foundation stick.  The shade match is spot on. (undetectable on my lower jaw) 

For whatever reason I'm not reaching for it even though it may be the best match of all my foundations.    *scratching head*

For those who do, what is your application technique?  I may try it with a beauty blender.  Mentally I equate sticks with heavy, and highly likely a fallacy from days of the heavy drugstore foundation sticks.

TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Do Any of You use a Stick Foundation?

[ Edited ]

@Fressa  mentioned using the Bobbi Brown stick (with great results) on the "Foundation" thread.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I use Lancôme foundation sticks. I blend with a foundation brush or sometimes a make up sponge. For me the sticks are not heavy like the Clinique liquid foundation I used before Lancôme.

Regular Contributor

I use both Bobbi Brown and Lancome and swipe them on and then blend with a makeup brush.  Sigma has a nice foundation brush and I like IT cosmetics dual end foundation brush too.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I use Lancome stick foundation and swipe 2/3 stripes on my cheeks and blend with fingertips over nose cheeks and chin, same with forehead.  I think it is a little creamier than BB and blends out and covers beautifully.

Honored Contributor

The only stick I've tried is the Lancome because it claimed to be not heavy or greasy. And they claimed correctly. It's good for all skin types, but I would advise those with very dry skin to be well-moisturized.

I swipe my face with the stick (cheeks and nose) and then use a good brush to blend it in. It has no fragrance, and I've never had any irritation or breakouts.

For reference, I have light/med skin that is fairly neutral. My shade is 260 Bisque N (neutral).

HTH, @Funloving

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Fressa  mentioned using the Bobbi Brown stick (with great results) on the "Foundation" thread.

Thanks @just bee!  I'll find it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3

This helps.  Thanks.  I'm extremely dry.

P.S.  Very sorry to involve you (inadvertently) in any controversial post.  I promise you that was not my intention- and think, at least hope you know that.

Honored Contributor

I have never used a stick foundation but  I have read the reviews for the Michael Todd Sonicblend makeup brush over on HSN and a couple of them rave about applying their stick foundation with it. I own this brush I use it to apply my powder foundation. It's like no other brush I have ever used. Many of the women who use it for liquids claim they use much less and they get a flawless finish. I highly recommend this Sonicblend brush for foundation application of any kind. It's got stellar reviews.

Honored Contributor

@Funloving, here is the description of the foundation:

What it is:
This oil-free, highly pigmented long wear makeup stick delivers buildable coverage with a natural-looking matte finish for ultra-versatile application: use as a foundation, for touch-ups, as a spot concealer, or to contour.

What it does:
For those long days, full coverage, comfortable long wear… when you need it, where you need it. The foundation's innovative extreme long-wear formula gives all skin tones a flawless, complexion-perfecting coverage. Its ultra-lightweight powder-crème texture blends smoothly for a traceless, second-skin result. Made with porous polymers that absorb excess oils, it leaves the skin looking flawless and shine-free. Plus, with ambora extract, it helps to reduce the appearance of redness. This formula is transfer-resistant and smudge-resistant, so the color-true coverage stays on all day long. Suitable for all skin type, even sensitive skin. This pigment-rich makeup stick is infinitely versatile— with ample coverage to use as a concealer, an even glide for custom contouring, and perfect portability to take with you on the go, it goes beyond your average foundation.

What else you need to know:
All day color wear. All day comfort. Oil-free, fragrance-free, transfer-resistant, smudge-resistant. Non-comedogenic. Tested under dermatological conditions. For all skin types, suitable for sensitive skin. Broad Spectrum SPF 21 Sunscreen. Its 20 shades were developed based on real skin tones so that everyone can find the perfect match.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland