Contributor

Divine Makeup kit event at Philosophy.com incredible prices, but...

I've looked at the kits offered at phenomenal prices on Philosophy.com. They have some incredible deals, and I feel like I should be taking advantage of them. However, I cannot find anything that appeals to me. The kits are nicely matched, and the prices are a steal, but there's just nothing...nothing I'd use.

For example, I can't see myself ever using cream eyeshadow with a stick applicator. It seems awkward and messy, and possibly greasy. And I don't like the look of the colors. All the available lipstick colors, to me, seem either garish, or bland. Even though there are at least 8 different colors, each one looks like it would be horrible with my coloring. Even that cute little Divine Beauty Kit looks like it has pinks and grays, and would make me look drab.

The colors I wear are pretty much like the ones in the Supernatural Coloring Book. (Nudes? Naturals?) I'm not much of an eyeshadow wearer, but I used to like the Little Black Book with "Superbasics". Maybe I'm just boring? Is it the colors? I can't pin down what it is I'm looking for with makeup that I don't see in the Divine collection. I do know that I like to have a "collection" where everything goes together. I'm not good at matching colors for "looks", so when everything I need for color is in one place, I'm way more likely to be attracted to the products.

I wonder if those of use who love Philosophy have the same "tastes" in makeup? If you wear makeup, even occasionally, what do you look for, and what do you find that makes you want to wear it? (Any recommendations will be vastly appreciated!)Smile