Esteemed Contributor

Disposable Facial Cleansing Wipes

I've used Cetaphil facial cleanser for years, and noticed a couple of weeks ago that they also have the disposable cleansing cloths/wipes so decided to give them a try. I love them! They're very gentle, but do a great job of cleansing my face - better than I was doing with the cleanser. I know that not everyone is interested in them, but if you've been thinking about trying them, I think they do a terrific job. I follow them up with my Dr. Denese firming facial pads and moisturizer.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Disposable Facial Cleansing Wipes

They are great for getting the first layer of daily gunk off.  I never noticed them in the drug store until I bought my first order from Philosophy' - and they were good - but then I noticed the many different companies offering them.  No S/H with the drug store and less expensive than "P".

Respected Contributor

Not good for the landfills. Even worse are the cleansing cloths that are flushed into the sewer systems, forming large clogs.

Respected Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

Not good for the landfills. Even worse are the cleansing cloths that are flushed into the sewer systems, forming large clogs.

I used to use them, but now I switched to Makeup Cleansing Towels (A294517) because of the concern for producing too much trash.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

I used to use them, but now I switched to Makeup Cleansing Towels (A294517) because of the concern for producing too much trash.

First received wash cloth in Qvc Discovery kit fabulous item! So when this set was available ordered...horrible and nothing like the original. Several reviews same issues lint on the face...quality of the cloth. Returned mine.

Esteemed Contributor

Never would put them down my drain -plumbers charge lots.  When dry I throw in trash and in my city all trash (garbage - paper products) are burned in the city incinerator = which produces heat and power for city buildings (city hall - sports center, etc.)  No landfill problems here.

Esteemed Contributor

Like I said, the cleansing cloths aren't for everyone. Regarding landfills, I can think of a lot of other items that are dumped in land fills, e.g., disposable diapers, aluminum cans, small appliances, glass bottles, appliances, empty paint cans, etc. Many of us recycle as much as possible and we don't flush cleansing wipes into the sewer. Thanks for your comment though. Many of us care that we do our part to recycle.

Trusted Contributor

I like them a lot.  I follow up with a gentle cleanser but they are great for removing makeup.  I also use the campinelli towelas.  I know they are "trash" but it's minimal waste and definitely do not flush them.  I'd assume one plastic lid from a Starbucks coffee is worse for the environment than a week's worth of the cleansing cloths.

Honored Contributor

How about all of those billions of K-Cups?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I've tried the Ulta brand facial cleansing wipes and I really like them (I haven't tried the Cetaphil brand but I have used a few other brands). I got the Ulta wipes for sensitive skin. They are very thick and heavy and are great for wiping off the sweat, sunscreen and tinted moisturizer at the end of the day without irritating or drying out my skin. I don't use them for a full face of makeup. I ordered some of the microfiber face cloths from Ulta to try when my facial cleansing wipes are gone and I'm hoping they'll work as well.