Honored Contributor

Disney Collab w/ Sigma & Today's Look

There's that word again!  This palette doesn't do anything for me but I LOVE the light aqua color on the bottom row.  So for the look I wanted today, I used Huda's Mercury Retrograde's "Haze" and topped it with Supermoon.  This was my inside corner.  The bronze/browns came from       Juvia's Place Masquerade Mini.  I know...warm and cool colors.  It looked good tho.  Even DH said "I like what you did there", talking about the pop of aqua.  Kept the blush and lip low key.  Used Colourpop Rose' Way.  All of this to do "Pickup" at Walmart lol

Capture.JPG

HUDA BEAUTY - Mercury Retrograde Eyeshadow Palette

and topped it with Supermoon

HUDA BEAUTY - Mercury Retrograde Eyeshadow Palette

The Masquerade Mini Eyeshadow Palette

Rose` Way, Colourpop

ColourPop Lippie Tint in Rose Way, a sheer red coral wash of colour on model.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Disney Collab w/ Sigma & Today's Look

@monicakm I'm not a Disney fan at all and normally don't even look at all the recent collabs they've had, but this eye palette really caught my eye so I ordered it.  Can't wait until it finally arrives.  I love the blues/greens/purples and the shimmers look really nice from what I've seen online.

I like experimenting with warm and cool colors togther.  Never used to do it but have seen it done successfully a few times on YT and it can be really nice if done right.  One way I like to do it is to use a light warmish color as my transition color before using cool colors in my lid and crease.  Your combo sounds like it would be very pretty.  

How do you like that Colourpop Lip Tint?  I've been tempted to try them but haven't pulled the plug yet.

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

I think it's a very pretty palette, it would just be so much more of what I already have except for that light shimmer aqua which I love for the inner corner.

LOVE the CP lip crayons.  Let me go see what they're officially called...Lip Tints.  So do a search for lip tint on their site.  I love them!  I have two shades and bought a back up of the same two shades.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks @monicakm  I will definitely try one of those lippies the next time I place an order from Colourpop.

I probably have a lot those colors too, but just couldn't resist!  Hopefully I don't regreat it.

Do you ever watch Tara Lynn?  I found her through Mel.  She has great palette reviews because she usually does swatch comparisons with a lot of other well-known palettes.  There have been a couple of times I've almost bought a palette until I saw her video and realized I had almost all the shades.  Sometimes I won't realize that a shade is almost exactly the same because it's surrounded by different colors than the palette I'm considering.  When she swatches them side by side you can really see how similar they are.

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

I know of Tara Lynn and Kelsee from Mel.  I just subscribed to both of their channels after watching their tributes to Mel.  Right now I can't foresee ever EVER liking and trusting another beauty influencer like I did Mel.  I just matched her aesthetics to a tee....not her beauty!  

I know it was sent out to everyone who donated to Mel's GoFundMe page but I got the nicest thank you note from her husband.  BTW, her channel will remain on YT.  So if you're interested in her makeup techniques and product reviews, it is still generating income for her family.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm I know what you mean.  There are other YouTubers that I enjoy regularly, but Mel had become my favorite.  It was a mixture of her personality and her talent.  I'd watch every one of her videos regardless of if it was about anything I was interested in.  I know her channel will stay up and I plan to re-watch some of my favorites once a little time has passed and I can do it without being so sad.

I saw Tara Lynn's and Kelsee's tributes and they were lovely. If you haven't seen them yet, you might want to watch Wayne's video and also Lisa J's.  They were both such lovely tributes, though be prepared to cry.  Lisa also used Mel's palette and lipstick during her video which was nice.  It's so weird, I bought Mel's palette the day it was released but hadn't used it for awhile.  Last Monday I pulled it out to use one of the shimmer shades because it was perfect for the look I was going for.  A couple hours later I read her husband's post on her page and I couldn't believe it.

There was something so special about Mel.  I'm sure people that didn't follow her probably don't understand why some of us are so sad about her loss.  It's hard to explain, but from reading so many comments I know that there are thousands of people that feel as sad as we do.

I'm glad Kelsee started a GoFundMe page, I was hoping that someone would.  I hope that all the lovely comments that people are leaving help her family in some small way to know that all these people that had never met her cared about her so much.

Honored Contributor

Hey, and you get a Sigma double ended brush!  I can't believe I don't have that icy aqua color in one of my zillion palettes Smiley Surprised  At least I can create it.  Loved it with the neutrals!

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

I know you are the one that told us about Mel but I had no idea you watched her, much less she being your favorite too.  I know you must be grieving like thousands of us are.  She was one of a kind.  So humble and kind.  Quirky...and that was one of the things that was so endearing to me.  My husband always tells me I'm quirky.  I loved her like a sister 

Honored Contributor

Wore the neutral with icy aqua e/s look again today.  This time I paired the icy aqua inside corner with the the three cool neutrals in the upper left corner from my Viseart Violette palette.  Liked it better.   This could become a new favorite combo.  In fact, I could just use the icy pale bluish green in Violette palette.  So it would be the upper left quad in this palette.