Super Contributor

Re: Disguising hollows under the eyes

hear some good thing about it.

Valued Contributor

I have a little bit of this happening, too. What's worked okay for me is using Trish McEvoy's "triangle of light" technique with my under-eye concealer. Instead of just putting your concealer under the eye in say, a U shape, try make a larger triangle from inside corner of eye to nose and then out toward outer eye. Hope this makes sense. I'm sure there's a video on line of it somewhere. I've used this with TM concealer, but you can do it with anything, really.

Respected Contributor

I been using the roller ball for under the eyes from garnier and I like it alot. I think it is in the skincare isle

Trusted Contributor

I like the IT buy bye undereye corrector. Hides dark circles well and brightens the Undereye. Is available here at the Q.
Respected Contributor

I have the hollow look since I develpoed bad sinus/ear problems. Hate the way I look....sooo tired, and ages my face. I'm reading the suggestions here and wondering if any of these products settle into fine lines? I never use anything around my eyes except for good eye eye cream. I've always found products to cake up, or make little lines look worse.

Please let me know your experience with this...I want some help too!

Esteemed Contributor

I received a sample of IT Bye Bye from the Q, Dazlin. No, it does not settle into lines. And the coverage is very excellent from someone who has tried many many many. They sent me the color Neutral Medium, and it was just a tad too light. I'm usually a good medium, but I'm thinking I might try the Tan when I order. Yep, it's good enough to order....

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/5/2015 bunnypink said:

Aaaaahhhh....under eye hollows are my #1 beauty issue & have been for years. I unfortunately inherited them years ago & as time goes by they become more pronounced Smiley Sad

I have tried soooo many products (and also tried restylane injections in them--bad experience!) over the years. I will share with you what I use and the conclusions I have come to about under eye hollows.

1. I use Bye Bye Under Eye concealer in Neutral Medium. I pat this on (don't wipe it on) in the hollows. After trying hundreds of concealers over the years this is works best for me. It covers the best while also not gathering in the fine lines.

2. Over the concealer use a brush with a bit of bronzing powder. I use Laura Mercier Bronzing Pressed Powder in Dune Bronze. Let the concealer dry for a couple of minutes before you brush this on & try not to wipe with the brush but have a light touch so you don't remove the concealer.

Also blend this into the cheeks (and other areas of the face if you want to like the hairline, nose, chin, etc. Wherever the sun would naturally hit). What you are trying to do is make the darkness created by the hollows less of a difference between the non-hollowed skin around it. I'm really pale so there's a big difference!

3. Lastly, use a blush color you like and apply it a bit higher than the apples of the cheeks so it is a bit onto the under eye hollow. Again, this helps to disguise the hollows.

Unfortunately, no concealer is going to get rid of the under eye hollows because the skin dips down & creates shadows. Don't waste your money (like I did over the years) thinking that eventually you'll find a concealer that will make them disappear. You do need a super duty one though--like Bye Bye Under Eye! Unless you filled in that hollow to become level with the skin around you will always have the hollows. The above process does REALLY help though!

The few people who have seen me without makeup on ALWAYS assume I'm sick Smiley Sad So, that should tell you what my under eye hollows look like without makeup! But when I've applied the above steps I look fine.

Hope this helps! I feel your pain!!

Bunnypink - is BBUE by Benefit? and, does it show all those tiny crinkly wrinkles?

Honored Contributor

On 1/7/2015 Goldenlocks said:

Aaaaahhhh....under eye hollows are my #1 beauty issue & have been for years. I unfortunately inherited them years ago & as time goes by they become more pronounced Smiley Sad

I have tried soooo many products (and also tried restylane injections in them--bad experience!) over the years. I will share with you what I use and the conclusions I have come to about under eye hollows.

1. I use Bye Bye Under Eye concealer in Neutral Medium. I pat this on (don't wipe it on) in the hollows. After trying hundreds of concealers over the years this is works best for me. It covers the best while also not gathering in the fine lines.

2. Over the concealer use a brush with a bit of bronzing powder. I use Laura Mercier Bronzing Pressed Powder in Dune Bronze. Let the concealer dry for a couple of minutes before you brush this on & try not to wipe with the brush but have a light touch so you don't remove the concealer.

Also blend this into the cheeks (and other areas of the face if you want to like the hairline, nose, chin, etc. Wherever the sun would naturally hit). What you are trying to do is make the darkness created by the hollows less of a difference between the non-hollowed skin around it. I'm really pale so there's a big difference!

3. Lastly, use a blush color you like and apply it a bit higher than the apples of the cheeks so it is a bit onto the under eye hollow. Again, this helps to disguise the hollows.

Unfortunately, no concealer is going to get rid of the under eye hollows because the skin dips down & creates shadows. Don't waste your money (like I did over the years) thinking that eventually you'll find a concealer that will make them disappear. You do need a super duty one though--like Bye Bye Under Eye! Unless you filled in that hollow to become level with the skin around you will always have the hollows. The above process does REALLY help though!

The few people who have seen me without makeup on ALWAYS assume I'm sick Smiley Sad So, that should tell you what my under eye hollows look like without makeup! But when I've applied the above steps I look fine.

Bunnypink - is BBUE by Benefit? and, does it show all those tiny crinkly wrinkles?

Not Bunny here, but no, BBUE refers to It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye concealer. It comes in a tube.

IMO, it settles into fine lines and wrinkles less than most other concealers. At some point with aging skin, nothing is a miracle. But I think this is one of the best concealers out there.

I also found the Neutral Medium to be a bit too light (and too pink) for my light to medium neutral skin. It didn't flatter me. I switched to the Tan (which is described as a "warm" medium), and it works better for me. It looks more natural. The neutral medium looked obvious on me and also seemed to throw a slight grayish cast on my skin.

But many here find the Neutral Medium to be a good fit. I personally would love for them to come out with a shade right in between the two.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/7/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 1/7/2015 Goldenlocks said:

Not Bunny here, but no, BBUE refers to It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye concealer. It comes in a tube.

IMO, it settles into fine lines and wrinkles less than most other concealers. At some point with aging skin, nothing is a miracle. But I think this is one of the best concealers out there.

I also found the Neutral Medium to be a bit too light (and too pink) for my light to medium neutral skin. It didn't flatter me. I switched to the Tan (which is described as a "warm" medium), and it works better for me. It looks more natural. The neutral medium looked obvious on me and also seemed to throw a slight grayish cast on my skin.

But many here find the Neutral Medium to be a good fit. I personally would love for them to come out with a shade right in between the two.

Thanx, suzyQ3. I used to use Boi'ng (Benefit) but now that I'm older - and better (yeah, right!) it doesn't work for me. I have very fair skin (Irish complexion), so what shade would you recommend for me?

Valued Contributor

I just purchased some ELF high definition undereye setting powder. I have no idea if it will help, but for $3, it's worth a try. I've heard that Laura Mercier makes a brightening powder that helps.