Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,787
Registered: ‎11-16-2014

Discontinued beauty products...

I can no longer find my beloved Estee Lauder Double Wear Light in the old formula. I tried the new one and strongly dislike it. The consistency is completely different and the color is lighter.

 

Does anyone have a suggestion for a foundation that covers any redness, does not stick in pores and isn't oily in consistency. Fragrance free is a must.

 

Thank you. I tried both Tarte and Lancome and disliked them. Both looked mask-like on my fair complexion.

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,978
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: Discontinued beauty products...


@Trinity11 wrote:

I can no longer find my beloved Estee Lauder Double Wear Light in the old formula. I tried the new one and strongly dislike it. The consistency is completely different and the color is lighter.

 

Does anyone have a suggestion for a foundation that covers any redness, does not stick in pores and isn't oily in consistency. Fragrance free is a must.

 

Thank you. I tried both Tarte and Lancome and disliked them. Both looked mask-like on my fair complexion.

 


 

 

@Trinity11  I’m only familiar w/ BB foundations since I don’t use foundation. I do know BB have many formulas and many shades of fair that suit me.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,787
Registered: ‎11-16-2014

Re: Discontinued beauty products...


@Shanus wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I can no longer find my beloved Estee Lauder Double Wear Light in the old formula. I tried the new one and strongly dislike it. The consistency is completely different and the color is lighter.

 

Does anyone have a suggestion for a foundation that covers any redness, does not stick in pores and isn't oily in consistency. Fragrance free is a must.

 

Thank you. I tried both Tarte and Lancome and disliked them. Both looked mask-like on my fair complexion.

 


 

 

@Trinity11  I’m only familiar w/ BB foundations since I don’t use foundation. I do know BB have many formulas and many shades of fair that suit me.


Thanks @Shanus. I have tried most formulas of BB and they all make me break out and get red after about a week. I don't really know why. Also I tried Alabaster and Porcelain and they stick in my pores. The Ivory shades are too dark for me so a good match is also a problem.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 23,268
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Discontinued beauty products...

did you check on ebay?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,787
Registered: ‎11-16-2014

Re: Discontinued beauty products...


@Shelbelle wrote:

did you check on ebay?


@Shelbelle, thank you I did. I purchased 2 of them but the other vendors didn't have a good enough rating to purchase from.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,697
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: Discontinued beauty products...

[ Edited ]

Overstock dot com. I just checked and they have it. @Trinity11

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,787
Registered: ‎11-16-2014

Re: Discontinued beauty products...


@SilleeMee wrote:

Overstock dot com. I just checked and they have it. @Trinity11


Thanks @SilleeMee. I really appreciate it. Fingers crossed that they have 1.0 shade.

Super Contributor
Posts: 260
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Discontinued beauty products...

I loved the old formula too. The new formula is awful and sticky Why do companies do this. I have found that Bobbi brown foundation kinda similar.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,787
Registered: ‎11-16-2014

Re: Discontinued beauty products...


@beautydiva wrote:
I loved the old formula too. The new formula is awful and sticky Why do companies do this. I have found that Bobbi brown foundation kinda similar.

Perfect description @beautydiva!! It was sticky and my complexion looked like I had used a heavy moisturizer underneath. And yes, Bobbi Brown has the same effect on my skin.