Respected Contributor

Re: Discontinued beauty products --- so disgusted

OP I can understand your frustration.  You come to rely on something so much in your daily routine and then it's vanished from the face of the earth.  One brand I've noticed tends to keep products around seeimingly forever (although sometimes updating the forumulas slightly) is Philosophy. They have a number of items I use that have been around a very long time and hopefully will continue to do so.  Good luck finding your replacements.

Contributor

AngelPuppy1

I see what you mean. Loolks like amazon is the cheapest at 7.97. I was trying to find you one less expensive.

what normally did you pay for it?

Respected Contributor

This doesn't happen to me very often.  Because I enjoy trying different products, I skip around a lot.  But when something I LOVE is discontinued, it is devastating. Most recently Bobbi Brown discontinued the 'Beach' scented body oil and body wash -- two aspects my summer time ritual.  I was so sad. These products represented so much more than getting clean and moisturized. They were my summer.  So, @AngelPuppy1 , I totally feel your pain.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@islandgrrl wrote:

This doesn't happen to me very often.  Because I enjoy trying different products, I skip around a lot.  But when something I LOVE is discontinued, it is devastating. Most recently Bobbi Brown discontinued the 'Beach' scented body oil and body wash -- two aspects my summer time ritual.  I was so sad. These products represented so much more than getting clean and moisturized. They were my summer.  

@islandgrrl  Didn't realize the Beach oil was discontinued!   Haven't had to buy it in awhile because I stocked up awhile back.  I don't use it every day,  but when I do,  it really helps to layer the fragrance and is beautiful.  Darn.

Respected Contributor

For all you BB Beach fans (like me) I found a seller over on ETSY that does a great dupe in a solid perfume. Purse perfect! The seller is Lotions and Potions and the fragrance is called "A Day at the Beach". My new dupe!

Regular Contributor

It's certainly frustrating. At the same time, I'm finding that, as I age, the same products I loved when I was younger just don't work for my anymore.  But it certainly is frustrating having to put so much time and energy into finding new options. 

What was the cleanser?  Perhaps we can help suggest an alternative. 

Respected Contributor

@nyc1 

Yes, the Beach body oil was discontinued and it made me so sad. Bobbi Brown's product line was purchased by Estee Lauder some time ago and eventually the decision was made to drop the Beach bath products.  I was able to get several tubes of the shower gel but the oil was no where to be found except on Ebay for outrageous prices.

*sigh*

Thank you, @silkyk for the dupe suggestion.  Purse-friendly is a big plus!

Honored Contributor

I would give Ebay a second thought, at a time like this, Ebay can be your BFF!!

Honored Contributor

That's why I always have a few spares to use in case something gets discontinued.  It gives me time to find a new product.

Sometimes I think that everything I ever used was eventually discontinued.  Most recently an Avon foundation.  Fortunately - I have three unopened bottles!

Respected Contributor

I'm surprised by the negative ebay remarks. Over the years, I've bought hundreds of items from ebay and never had a problem!