Honored Contributor

Discontinued beauty products --- so disgusted

I know this has been approached several times before, but, goodness, I am so disgusted!

I just give up!  Every time I really, really like something that seems to work for me or that I enjoy, it tends to get discontinued. 

I realize its the way of the world now.  The companies feel they have to constantly make new products to keep up and make money but boy, it really gets old trying to constantly find products to replace the ones which worked for you and which you enjoyed!

My latest one was a Neutrogina cleanser which I was about ready to run out of and went to re-purchase and found that no stores had it.  Went on line and found that they are no longer making it and this product was replaced by something else --- which I do not want.  Saw a few on Amazon for a crazy price.  No thank you!  And I don't shop on EBay.  

Just venting!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Regular Contributor

Re: Discontinued beauty products --- so disgusted

It annoys me too. I blame my tendancy to horde on this...but I know it is just an excuse. 

Trusted Contributor

My life story. I'm all stocked up on my favorite L'Oreal foundation because I found it on Buy Me Beauty after is was discontinued. This foundation is great but they didn't have a lot of colors and I don't think they really promoted it. I just checked that site for you but they don't have any Neutrogena products. They are a great resource for discontinued stuff.

Respected Contributor

This is the reason I am constantly looking for replacements for everything I use now.  I think most brands in the beauty industry are too fickle to trust.

They seem to always discontinue the most popular and effective products. To me, it feels like they want to keep customers dissatisfied.

Honored Contributor

As far back as I can remember this has been normal for beauty products.  At one time Avon was the worst, I would have a favorite perfume and then they was discontinue it.  Same with lipstick, blush, etc.  Also Coty did the same thing.  I my favorite lipstick of all time was Coty.  The name was Cardinal, a beautiful red.  They dicontinued it too.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Other products too - have you tried to find BAGGIES lately?  Those handy plastic ones on a roll for freezer and travel (cosmetic items) use?

Esteemed Contributor

Happened to one of my favorites as well. Cover Girl Lash Exact Mascara in the purple tube. Queen Latifah used to do magazine ads for it. I could get it on EBay but who knows how many years old it is. Probably just a big glob by now.

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Happened to one of my favorites as well. Cover Girl Lash Exact Mascara in the purple tube. Queen Latifah used to do magazine ads for it. I could get it on EBay but who knows how many years old it is. Probably just a big glob by now.

——————————————

That mascara was the closest thing I could find to my perfect L’Oreal Feather Lash that was discontinued years ago LOL. I still haven’t found anything to replace it that works as well.

I stopped buying Neutrogena products a long time ago because they discontinue things so often. They had a wonderful lash tint, a nail product and a tinted lip balm that I loved. 

Contributor

Angel Puppy1

What is the exact name of the Neutogena cleanser?

Respected Contributor

Which Neutrogena cleanser? I use their Ultra Gentle hydrating cleanser.