Occasional Contributor

I knew that this stupid nail polish addiction of mine would get me in trouble one day but I was thinking it would be more along the lines of my husband finally losing his mind from the constant fumes of my nonstop polish purchases. But today at Walgreens I tripped and jostled my cart and the 6 (don't judge) bottles of nail polish I was going to buy fell out of my cart and shattered all over the floor! To add insult to injury a good portion of one bottle splattered on my brand new pair of Coach gymshoes!

I was MORTIFIED! I purchased some non acetone nail polish remover in a bottle and pads and I scrubbed my shoes while one of the Walgreens employees took the bottle and used it to clean all the polish off the floor. I would have done that too but they wouldn't let me. After scrubbing at my shoes for 30 minutes I gave up and called them "passable" but the floor took another 15 minutes while I just stood there apologizing. I kept offering to pay for the polishes but they said no. All in all, a really embarassing and depressing afternoon!