Respected Contributor

Re: Disappointed in philosophy

Aside from animal testing, I feel like Philosophy is all chemical. I have been using it on and off for years. As of this week, I am stopping. I have a ton of Kiehls products I've accumulated so I'm going to go back to that, and I'm also going to try bareminerals skincare.
Honored Contributor

I quit using P a few years ago. Their products changed or my skin changed, or both but they no longer did anything except coat my skin and make it look greasy. Also, I don't use products of a company that tests on animals.

Contributor

I agree that the quality has changed. Started using this brand years ago when it could only be bought in certain shops. Was thrilled to find it on QVC but had stopped buying it awhile ago cause it just didn't seem right anymore. Thanks for pointing out the changes, I thought it was me Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

The quality has changed and the prices went up! I stopped using all Philosophy products a few years ago.

Super Contributor

On 1/17/2015 RachB said: Aside from animal testing, I feel like Philosophy is all chemical. I have been using it on and off for years. As of this week, I am stopping. I have a ton of Kiehls products I've accumulated so I'm going to go back to that, and I'm also going to try bareminerals skincare.

I have Kiehl's Avocado eye cream and it's good for my eye area and I really like it.

Regular Contributor

I think KatCat1 said it all. I totally agree. Just turned off the Philosophy presentation before I got sucked into the hype. It's true - the packaging does make the product very appealing. Probably because it harkens back to when the line was a good one. When I look at the 32 oz c. Booth 4-in-1 body lotion that's paraben, sulfate, mineral oil and petrolatum free with no animal testing that I got for $5 at Ulta, I kick myself for even thinking about Philosophy. I will resist!
Contributor

Philosophy has some wonderful scents I occasionally cannot resist but I use Perlier most of the time who has never tested on animals. Best to buy cosmetics made in Europe for many reasons.

Contributor

Philosophy has some wonderful scents I occasionally cannot resist but I use Perlier most of the time who has never tested on animals. Best to buy cosmetics made in Europe for many reasons.