Trusted Contributor

Re: Disappointed in philosophy

Face the facts. Philosophy is a lost cause. It cannot be restored to its original formula. Buy something else that is NOT tested on animals. I do. This was originally about Philosophy and how crummy it now is.
Contributor

On 1/14/2015 ritasNo1Fan said: Move on. There are actual problems out there that need fixin'.

This is a beauty product discussion board. It's the appropriate place to discuss this topic. Why so grouchy?

Valued Contributor

THANK YOU for this revelation. We all need to be aware of these terrible developments.

I hope that everyone who is interested in healthy, organic ingredients will look elsewhere. There are so many great products out there, small companies doing the right things for the right reasons. Let's support them for their efforts. Go online to find good organic products.

Super Contributor

I didn't realize they test on animals. Out of purity made simple. Guess I won't be reordering. Anyone have a suggestion for a comparable cleanser?
Esteemed Contributor

There are more than a lot of these skin care lines sneaking in Phenoxyethanol. I have mentioned this only yesterday- GOOGLE IT. I also relayed that P&G's total beuty products were now being outsourced to Singapore, which does 'test on aniamls'. There is another thread from 3 days ago that listed the companies that have China do their products, the ship the back here.

It is all about money and profits for THE stockholders.

I READ LABELS AND BUY VERY LITTLE ANYMORE, AND THAT INCLUDES THE 'OH SO SWEET DARLING PRESENTATIONS'............

I STOPPED ALL PHIL. AND BARE MIN.

THEY MADE THEIR MONEY AND RAN!

SSC DID HAVE LOADS OD PARABENS, along with many others, sold as high ends.

I would not address that SSC is one of the best but it works for many, I have come to believe.

Again, read labels and know the TRUTH what you are putting on your face body, along with what you are ingesting.

_Naes

Trusted Contributor

On 1/14/2015 twingals04 said:
On 1/14/2015 ritasNo1Fan said: Move on. There are actual problems out there that need fixin'.

This is a beauty product discussion board. It's the appropriate place to discuss this topic. Why so grouchy?

I'm not grouchy. Complaining about this brand is a lost cause because it will never be the same. That's it. It's been sold. New producer. Animal testing. We can't change it to the way it began. That's all. Just buy products that are not tested on animals. Philosophy is over as far as I am concerned.

Respected Contributor

Rita, your remark did sound harsh, maybe not what you intended. I agree, I was a devoted user of Phil products when Christina brought them out. Used them for years. I have now moved on. It is sad to see brands we supported change so much. Fortunately we all have more choices now, particularly with internet shopping. I am using up my Purity and then I'll be done with the brand. These huge companies are all about profit.
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Trusted Contributor

I see how I came across. Whoops...anyway I have been a Philosophy purchaser for years, way back before it came to Q. Philosophy was competing with the Body Shop then. They sold metal boxes with different fruity body shampoos, so good. I bought those boxes for all my friends.
Respected Contributor

Yep, I was a big user of Body Shop products too. Drove for miles to get that and Philosophy. I started buying Philo when I traveled for work to "big" cities. Oh my, those memories...
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Super Contributor

On 1/14/2015 LipstickDiva said:

Animal testing is a problem that needs to be fixed.

They have also really changed for formula for purity over the years too... it seems to have much more alcohol and be much harsher to my skin... the same with the 3 in one bath gels... they seem to have much more detergent in them...

Animal testing is something that doesn't need to happen... it is just because it is cheaper... and philosophy is not a real cheap brand... and yeah it is a problem...