Contributor

Having been a long time customer it really feels like their overall direction of a business has resulted in me no longer being interested in them. They now test on animals. Which bothers me. Same with PTR. Since any move into selling in China requires that they test on animals per Chinese regulations. But looking at the ingredients for the new renewed hope moisturizer and eye cream, they are ridiculously overpriced and nothing special. The preservative in both is listed in the top 1/4 of the ingredient deck with absolutely all of the ingredients of any interest barely present and listed after the preservative. $55 for an eye cream that has more preservative in it than any of the beneficial ingredients or "buzz" ingredients they use to sell it is just sad. The moisturizer seems to contain a decent amount of glycolic acid, but that is it. The phenoxyethanol is the preservative by the way. Other than the glycolic acid there are not antioxidants, plant oils, or anything of any relevance listed before the preservative.

Renewed Hope Moisturizer

Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol,
C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycolic Acid, Dimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Alcohol,
Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ceteareth-
20, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Polysilicone-11, Acrylates/C10-30
Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Laureth-7, Citric Acid, Chlorphenesin, Mandelic Acid,
Tocopheryl Acetate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propanediol,
Parfum/Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Adenosine, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Limonene,
Faex/Yeast Extract/Extrait De Levure, Magnesium Stearate, Opuntia Coccinellifera Flower
Extract, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Caprylyl Glycol, BHT, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hyaluronic Acid,
Silanetriol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbic Acid, Hexylene Glycol, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI
77163).

Renewed Hope Eye Cream

Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,
Tribehenin Peg-20 Esters, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propanediol,
Cyclohexasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Butylene
Glycol, Mica, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sorbitol,
Titanium Dioxide, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Urea, Glucosamine
Hcl, Algae Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Asparagopsis Armata Extract,
Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract, Adenosine, Sodium Hydroxide, Chrysanthellum Indicum
Extract, Faex/Yeast Extract/Extrait De Levure, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tin Oxide, Potassium
Sorbate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hyaluronic Acid, Silanetriol, Citric Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium
Hyaluronate, Sorbic Acid, Hexylene Glycol.

Honored Contributor

Re: Disappointed in philosophy

Take a look at acure Organics for your day & night moisturizers. They really have a lot of very nice products with good ingredients at reasonable prices (under $20). I use their Marula oil, day moisturizer & from time to time the night moisturizer. Their body lotions shampoos I also own & like. Sold on their website or iherb.com (discount given) or Whole Foods or Target. I gave up on Philosophy a couple years ago, I believe. Yes, the prices are insane but they think their cutesy packaging will do the trick. I have to admit I still like the way amazing grace smells but I have other fragrances that make me forget it.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Isoparaffin is also a form of mineral oil, another disappointment.

Super Contributor

Avalon Organics has an awesome Vitamin C serum I swear by...available at Walgreens or Drugstore.com and also sold at most healthfood stores.

Contributor

I agree. I was a purity fan - my HG of facial cleanser and then I found out they are no longer cruelty free. It makes me disheartened. Between the posts and forums about the lack of quality in their products now and the buy-out with Coty you would think they would address the issue in some manner. Its about the mighty dollar and I won't fault them for that but there are MANY cruelty free high quality products for which companies still make top dollar. JMO.
Trusted Contributor

Move on. There are actual problems out there that need fixin'.
Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2015 ritasNo1Fan said: Move on. There are actual problems out there that need fixin'.

Animal testing is a problem that needs to be fixed.

Trusted Contributor

I bought the renewed hope and returned it immediately. It is highly fragranced and harsh ingredients trying to mimic retinol, which they won't admit to. I emailed them and they did not answer me about that. Ten years in the making? I think Cristina would have still owned the company back than and since she was all about pure and gentle, I doubt she would have approved this fragranced version of moisturizer. Gave me an instant headache.

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/14/2015 ritasNo1Fan said: Move on. There are actual problems out there that need fixin'.

YOU move on! Testing on animals needs to be stopped.

Contributor

Why is there always someone in here with a bad attitude? If you feel this way don't read these boards. That's what this is all about. I do think animal testing is a problem and it concerns me as it concerns many people. And having a company I use to think highly of go down hill is also very disappointing. In the context of life as a whole, neither is the worst thing going on in the world right now. But we are in a beauty forum discussing the topic of beauty. It's not like we are in a world affairs chat room and I'm posting about my disappointment in a moisturizer in a thread about world peace.