Valued Contributor

Re: Dipping My Toes (Lips) in the Nude Pool

@monicakm   YOU CRACK ME UP!!  Each time I read this thread TOPIC of yours.   My mind racesssss

A thought just occurred to me... 

I've never really gotten into Nude Lips...

That brings me to the interesting controversy, of ole

Some experts say...when applying makeup.. DRAW ATTENTION to:

1) The  TRIANGLE of your face... develop gorgeous EYES and gorgeous MOUTH.. (simply the the rest of makeup to subtly complement, not compete, with the gorgeous "Triangle"

2) others say.. pick ONE GORGEOUS part of your face ONLY... Develop that one gorgeous part... whether EYES, or MOUTH... so attention is grabbed ONLY by that one gorgeous part.  all other face makeup complements, the attention to that one gorgeous focus point.

What cha say??  These theories?  Other theories?

Balancing, synergizing, equally... the ENTIRE FACE, seems pretty incredible to me.. maybe professionally???

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Trusted Contributor

@TwinkleBell wrote:

@monicakm   YOU CRACK ME UP!!  Each time I read this thread TOPIC of yours.   My mind racesssss

A thought just occurred to me... 

I've never really gotten into Nude Lips...

That brings me to the interesting controversy, of ole

Some experts say...when applying makeup.. DRAW ATTENTION to:

1) The  TRIANGLE of your face... develop gorgeous EYES and gorgeous MOUTH.. (simply the the rest of makeup to subtly complement, not compete, with the gorgeous "Triangle"

2) others say.. pick ONE GORGEOUS part of your face ONLY... Develop that one gorgeous part... whether EYES, or MOUTH... so attention is grabbed ONLY by that one gorgeous part.  all other face makeup complements, the attention to that one gorgeous focus point.

What cha say??  These theories?  Other theories?

Balancing, synergizing, equally... the ENTIRE FACE, seems pretty incredible to me.. maybe professionally???

I tend to emphasize the eyes, because no matter what, or how many layers, or how bullet proof-long lasting-no budge product I put on my lips, the color comes off amazingly quickly. 

It's a gift, ahem. 

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

@MarieIG 

So far I'm less than thrilled.  Wore it out for the first time tonight.  It's better than a true nude.  DH didn't comment on it and it's plenty different enough from what I always wear so I know he had to noticed.  I did not wear my Elf Gotta Glow Perfect Pink under it and I always wear that under my glosses.  I couldn't locate it quick enough so I just wore the gloss.  It's too expensive to keep feeling about it how I feel now.  If wearing it over the Elf pink tint helps, I'll keep it.  If not I'll return it.  It was just such a unique color I had to try it.  

Honored Contributor

@TwinkleBell 

You KNOW I'm going to have an opinion on this theory.

The most kind hearted, extraordinarily beautiful, beauty expert on YT (and who I would aspire to be for multiple reasons) had tattooed on her fingers, "lips and tips" (lips and nails).  My motto has always been "lips and lashes".  When talking to someone, they look at your eyes and mouth.  Those are the features I play up.

Honored Contributor

@MarieIG 

As I've said here multiple times, I don't wear lipstick.  Strictly glosses and tints.  Naturally gloss doesn't last as long as lipstick so I always put a lip tint under them.  When the gloss wears off, I still have color on my lips.  

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@MarieIG 

So far I'm less than thrilled.  Wore it out for the first time tonight.  It's better than a true nude.  DH didn't comment on it and it's plenty different enough from what I always wear so I know he had to noticed.  I did not wear my Elf Gotta Glow Perfect Pink under it and I always wear that under my glosses.  I couldn't locate it quick enough so I just wore the gloss.  It's too expensive to keep feeling about it how I feel now.  If wearing it over the Elf pink tint helps, I'll keep it.  If not I'll return it.  It was just such a unique color I had to try it.  

@monicakm Thank you for the review.  With "less than thrilled" I'll pass on this one.  I already have some pretty glosses I need to wear.  I don't have a tint in the house, so that will probably be my next lippie - but not in nude. 

Do the math.