Honored Contributor

Re: Dipping My Toes (Lips) in the Nude Pool

I haven't worn reds or any dark colors since my 30's--only nudes (pinkish, not brownish).

My oldest sister still wears red and her top lip looks so much smaller-- more so than when she has no lipstick on.

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

This is so pretty! I only use Nudes, what brand is this? It looks exactly like a color I would love! Let us know how you like it...

@CANDLEQUEEN  @BarbiHollywood  I googled it, and it's Pat McGrath--available at Sephora, I think.

@vermint Thank you!!! Will check it out.

Honored Contributor

That looks really gorgeous!  I absolutely cannot do true nude lip colors but this looks much more than just a plain old nude and I think I could do that!  In the past I was all about magenta, mauve, red, etc.  But now that I'm older, these colors for the most part just seem to be too much for my pale skin.  Lovely -- enjoy!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I've been in that nude pool so long I'm drowning.  Glosses, matte, shiny.  It's to the point I can't go back to pure pink or coral, they just don't look right.  Never could wear red.  Please designers, give me something else to buy.

Frequent Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I'm going to try a nude-ish lip color.  Not sure about this but the color description sounds beautiful. 

Color: Bronze Divinity - bronzed rose with gold and pink pearl

PAT McGRATH LABS - LUST: Lip Gloss Bronze DivinityPAT McGRATH LABS - LUST: Lip Gloss Bronze Divinity

Pretty color. Hope you enjoy it.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

My lipgloss collection is all pinks and pink corals.  I thought this was a new color for me but I might have something very similar and I rarely use it.

I hope it's different enough on the lips to keep.  It's Too Faced Rich and Dazzling "Raisin the Roof"

Too Faced Rich & Dazzling High-Shine Sparkling Lip Gloss - Gloss à lèvres -  Raisin The Roof (7 ml) - INCI Beauty

Pat McGrath Bronzed Divinity

PAT McGRATH LABS - LUST: Lip Gloss Bronze Divinity

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

Oooooh --- nice!  I kind of do the same thing --- I find myself buying very similar shades and often buy duplicates without realizing it!  It's refreshing to step out of the box a little bit and try a color that's a bit different.  Sometimes it turns out good and sometimes not so good!  Live and learn, I guess!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm @Both gorgeous, but to me the Too Faced looks more lively, like a sparkly glam mauve. I'd love to get it! The Pat McGrath looks like a bronze nude, beautiful and maybe more natural

Honored Contributor

@Thats Me 

If you've looked for the Too Faced Rich and Dazzling Lipgloss, you've discovered they are discontinued.  You'll have to find them on eBay.

That Pat McGrath gloss is supposed to have some sparkle to it.  I'll find out Monday.  I'll send it back if it's "flat"

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm   How did your swim in the nude pool go?  Been waiting for your review/ opinion on these.

l haven't had luck with nudes, although these look pretty so have been waiting to hear how they worked out for you. Smiley Happy 

Do the math.