Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

After surgery, I'm going to have my nails done in a navy blue gradient (with glitter!).  Do you have any ideas?  Here is one I found on line (altho it's not navy, I like it).  What do you think?  Do you have any pictures?

nails1.jpg

lovelynaildesigns | Ombre nail designs, Nail art ombre, Nails

▷ 1001+ ideas and designs for eye-catching ombre nails | Ombre nail designs,  Blue ombre nails, Blue nail art designs

55 Epic Light, Navy & Royal Blue Nail Designs for Classy Girls [March. 2022]

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

I think they are all beautiful.  If I had to pick one, I'd pick the second one.  I like the lighter tips and darker bottom.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm I agree the second one is the prettiest.  I used to have my nails done all the time but I stopped during the pandemic, then went back for awhile and stopped again......

I've been doing my own since last summer and am just "okay" at it but I can't pull off those beauties!

Best wishes with your surgery, hope you have a speedy recovery Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I like the third the best.  It looks the most feminine to me.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@monicakm I would like to combine 1 with 2 because I like the drama of the use of the colors in 2, but the bit of softness from the shaping of 1.

Honored Contributor

How the heck do they accomplish this ombre look?  Just use this polish?  If so, I'm in.  If it's anymore complicated than that, I'm out.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@monicakm I would like to combine 1 with 2 because I like the drama of the use of the colors in 2, but the bit of softness from the shaping of 1.

@millieshops 

I agree about the shape.  #1 is round (that is how I get my nails shaped) & #2 is square, which I'm not crazy about, but it is very popular.  These days, though, the long, stiletto shape is all the rage with younger women.  They can keep it!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Re: Dipped Nails

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

How the heck do they accomplish this ombre look?  Just use this polish?  If so, I'm in.  If it's anymore complicated than that, I'm out.

@depglass 

The ombré design is accomplished with 2 or 3 colors, that are blended with a brush during application.  It can't be achieved with only one color.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife   As long ago as maybe the 80's, I told a friend who was consistently being passed over for the administrative jobs she interviewed for that she might consider getting rid of her talons before the next time she was offered the possibility.  

Honored Contributor
Not interested in the long nails. Just the colors. Sitting in the waiting room at CVS waiting for my booster.
Dad is coming home today, Mom says she's taking him off the medicine they have him on. And the cycle starts all over again.
The assisted living facility has been calling Mom and she looks at the caller ID and hangs up. On a good note the VA is coming twice a week for a total of 15 hours to cook and clean... Unless she fires them o:
I need some retail therapy