Contributor

Does anyone here use Dior Skincare? I just had a makeover from them and purchased some of the color cosmetics, which I love. Next month they are having another "event" and I will be needing some skincare products by then.........are they worth the price? I was recommended the Capture Totale line and the serum in the red bottle (can't remember the name...) TIA.

Honored Contributor

Paula's Choice reviews different brands based on ingredients. According to them, Dior's make-up products are good but their skincare products are not. It seems like you would be wasting your money. There are so many other brands out there that are good that are not nearly that expensive. Why don't you look through the reviews on Paula's Choice and choose a different brand?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

In my opinion, many of these brands which make prestigious fragrance and color cosmetics often come up short in skincare. It tends to be just an overpriced add-on to round out the line. There are exceptions, and maybe someone who has used and been satisfied with the Dior skincare can contradict me.

Respected Contributor
On 9/9/2014 Trix said:

In my opinion, many of these brands which make prestigious fragrance and color cosmetics often come up short in skincare. It tends to be just an overpriced add-on to round out the line. There are exceptions, and maybe someone who has used and been satisfied with the Dior skincare can contradict me.

I agree that many popular cosmetic lines have skincare lines that aren't very good and overpriced. Reading reviews as nicknack suggested is a good idea. I many times try reading reviews before buying many new products. Hopefully, someone that has used the dior skincare line can provide a review.

I haven't tried many dior products but really like their mascara.

Valued Contributor

I haven't bought skincare from dept store brands in several years because I find them overpriced an highly fragranced. Also, it seems to take them longer to have cutting edge ingredient that smaller online companies. Usually their make up is good quality but their skincare is a disappointment. I find ordering from knowledgeable online companies or tv shopping networks who really explain their ingredients and how their products work have been much more effective for me and usually cost less.

Respected Contributor

I used it several years ago and really did like it, just could not justify the huge cost.

Super Contributor

Have you tried the new Dior STAR foundation?

Contributor
On 9/9/2014 KateChopin said:

Have you tried the new Dior STAR foundation?

I haven't, have you? They used the spray on foundation (Airflash?) on me during the makeover. It was nice but nothing outstanding. I saw that they have a new pore refining moisturizer that I'd like to try........I told her that was a huge concern of mine. She used the pore minimizing primer but didn't mention the moisturizer and I forgot to bring it up.