Trusted Contributor

Dimitri's plasma fusion makeup brush...

to anyone who has purchased this brush... is it really that good? Demitri boasts and goes on and on about it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Dimitri's plasma fusion makeup brush...

[ Edited ]

@June2 wrote:

to anyone who has purchased this brush... is it really that good? Demitri boasts and goes on and on about it. 

@June222  I have a couple of these and do have some mixed feelings about it.  As a brush, it's great for application and blending.  My disappoinment is in the construction of the brush.  It looks and feels a little cheap in my hand.  The handle on one of mine came off and I had to fix it.  It wasn't that big of a deal to fix it, but I would expect better from a $30 brush.  All that said, several weeks ago Hautelook had a Morphe Brush event and offered Morphe Deluxe Buffer Brush for $9.00 each.  I picked up a few of them.  It's not an exact match, but a pretty close dupe to the Skinn Plasma Fusion Brush.  There's another Morphe Brush event coming up the Friday, if you want to check it out.

Trusted Contributor

@Jeanlouisefinch  thanks for the heads up. I am shocked that Skinn would sell a substandard brush where the handle breaks. You need to email them and tell them this. 

Honored Contributor

I have the brush, but got it as part of a kit with the makeup. I find it's a must for applying  the plasma fusion makeup. I like the quality of the brush, but my handle did come off too, but that was after I had been using it for over a year. My husband glued it back together no problem, that being said I would not buy that or any brush as an extra purchase.

Valued Contributor

I have one and its a nice brush, but no different from other synthetic brushes I have.  He goes on and on about how its some fiber that doesnt absorb the product, but I have two others that are more flat with the exact same bristles.

I got it with the plasma foundation set, but honestly its not worth $30 separately.

Trusted Contributor

I prefer Bare Minerals Soft Focus brush much better and its the same price.  It really works well for foundation, etc.  Its substantial and the best part, it doesn't shed at all! 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@June2 wrote:

@June222  I have a couple of these and do have some mixed feelings about it.  As a brush, it's great for application and blending.  My disappoinment is in the construction of the brush.  It looks and feels a little cheap in my hand.  The handle on one of mine came off and I had to fix it.  It wasn't that big of a deal to fix it, but I would expect better from a $30 brush.  All that said, several weeks ago Hautelook had a Morphe Brush event and offered Morphe Deluxe Buffer Brush for $9.00 each.  I picked up a few of them.  It's not an exact match, but a pretty close dupe to the Skinn Plasma Fusion Brush.  There's another Morphe Brush event coming up the Friday, if you want to check it out.

@Unfortunately,  @BlingQueen022 also experienced a quality problem with this Skinn brush.  It fell apart when she tried to wash it. I decided to use my current tools/brushes and not buy the Skinn brush unless they make modifications/improvements. I'm using brushes from IT & Trish McEvoy. 

Hope Blingie sees this post and adds her comments. She has bought/tried a number of different brushes from various vendors/retailers, and can advise you.  Her most recent rave is for Artis brushes. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Slightly different subject.......but I've tried different methods of application, and the Plasma Fusion gives me NO coverage at all.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

worst set of brushes I ever used.  Went to clean the brush that has the little round head to it and it broke right off the handle.  Was held together by a very thin thread and hardly any glue.  Won't be purchasing his brushes ever again.