Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Dimitri's Dazzlers - Dec. 19 2015 DWP TTV - Includes the New DWP Youth Capsules

[ Edited ]

@Krissy_1968 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

My order arrived the other day but I didn't open it until this morning. I was already planning on a different fragrance for today so I haven't tried any of the Santorini products yet. I did open the body wash to check the scent and wasn't that impressed. There was barely any scent and I envisioned something young and beautiful. Granted, it was just a quickie sniff. I will give it a real try tonight or tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed for a better second impression or back my two go.

UPDATE:

So I tried the body wash and body butter this morning.  To me, it's just OK.  Not horrible, but not something I'd gush over either, in regards to the scent.  Performance, however, is right on the money.  I didn't feel dried out after washing and I really like the almost whipped consistency of the body butter.  This is a big cooking day for me (family coming for our Christmas tomorrow) so I didn't want to take the time to do a full body scrub or play with the makeup.  The overall price for kit was excellent, considering everything that was included.  I decided I'd keep them.  

A full day of cooking? What are we having? Woman Very Happy lol  I hope you have a wonderful celebration with your family!

His body butters are all like this one as far as consistency and long lasting hydration...I love his desert bloom one and am tempted to go to his site and get his Lotus one before it goes off sale...I think once the weather turns VERY cold and gloomy, that Santorini set will have you feeling cheerful and looking forward to spring!!! 

Thanks, @Krissy_1968 Woman Happy  I'm actually doing Thanksgiving Revisited.  Everyone raved over Thanksgiving dinner that they wanted it again for Christmas.  I would have preferred prime rib, but that suggestion didn't fly so maybe I'll just do one for DH and I sometime. 

I have a partially used Dessert Bloom set I should send you.  I wasn't fond of that scent.  Would you believe, we had a bit of snow right before Thanksgiving that ended up melting.  It's been so warm that what should be snow has been rain, lots of rain.  Had it been snow, we'd probably have a few feet by now.  No snow on Christmas felt kind of weird, but then when DH and I went out yesterday, to see Star Wars, it was nice to not have to worry about the roads.  Man, was that a great movie.  I know we're going to have to see it again.  Who knows, maybe a few times.  Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dimitri's Dazzlers - Dec. 19 2015 DWP TTV - Includes the New DWP Youth Capsules

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Krissy_1968 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

fingers crossed for a better second impression or back my two go.

UPDATE:

I have a partially used Dessert Bloom set I should send you.  I wasn't fond of that sent.  Would you believe, we had a bit of snow right before Thanksgiving that ended up melting.  It's been so warm that what should be snow has been rain, lots of rain.  Had it been snow, we'd probably have a few feet by now.  No snow on Christmas felt kind of weird, but then when DH and I went out yesterday, to see Star Wars, it was nice to not have to worry about the roads.  Man, was that a great movie.  I know we're going to have to see it again.  Who knows, maybe a few times.  Woman LOL

Hi @JeanLouiseFinch nothing wrong with turkey twice! I rarely eat turkey other than in sandwiches other times of the year...my SIL does prime rib dinner for Christmas and it is always a hit!

I am always happy to take anything from Skinn you didn't fall in love with...I remember you are a lily of the valley gal,right? I liked the Korres set of Lily of the Valley so something you may want to think about...I am such a fragrance girl...I have an OBSCENE number of perfumes because I want a scent for my mood that day...I gravitate to vanilla/spicy based in winter, florals or fruits in summer but I love a true rose scent...I have roses in my backyard that every spring bring me lots of joy...

I haven't seen the new Star Wars yet but I loved the original 3...not as much the next 3...and although it has been spoiled for me (grrrr internet meanies lol) I do want to see it on the big screen...perhaps tomorrow...we are unseasonably cold here in AZ and I am waiting for our usual 70-80 degree days to come back...but hey at least I get to wear all my new boots I got for Christmas Woman LOL Happy cooking or bon apetite!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning, Dazzlers! 

I hope Everyone is having a wonderful holiday. I had  a great Christmas with family & friends and expect to enjoy a quiet NY. 

I must admit I was tempted my the last makeup TTV Dimitri had - all those bright colors! But I managed to talk myself out of it. I've been pretty good at that lately. 

I am still working my way through my skincare products. I still have a few unopened ones & plan to use up as much as possible before buying more. Instead of buying more Weekend Off cream, I decided to just use different ones on the weekend than I am using during the week. My Korres Wild Rose 24 hr cream jar has only a little left in it so I am using it on the weekend & I am using something I have more of during the week. 

I just opened and started using DermaLift for Chin & a different brand eye product. I can't believe how long things last for me! I am close to the bottom of my Plasma Foundation in Medium. I plan to pick up something inexpensvie that I've used before & liked - Cover Girl/L'Oreal foundation compact. 

I'm not sure how/if this will work since I seem to enjoy trying new products but I am hoping to transition to using fewer skincare products as I use up what I have. I'm also planning to use more natural products as well as using simple things on my skin that are not marketed as skincare - like Castor oil, baking soda, eggs, etc. Time will tell how well I do at whittling down my pile of products & keeping it small. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willdob3 wrote:

Good Morning, Dazzlers! 

I hope Everyone is having a wonderful holiday. I had  a great Christmas with family & friends and expect to enjoy a quiet NY. 

I must admit I was tempted my the last makeup TTV Dimitri had - all those bright colors! But I managed to talk myself out of it. I've been pretty good at that lately. 

I am still working my way through my skincare products. I still have a few unopened ones & plan to use up as much as possible before buying more. Instead of buying more Weekend Off cream, I decided to just use different ones on the weekend than I am using during the week. My Korres Wild Rose 24 hr cream jar has only a little left in it so I am using it on the weekend & I am using something I have more of during the week. 

I just opened and started using DermaLift for Chin & a different brand eye product. I can't believe how long things last for me! I am close to the bottom of my Plasma Foundation in Medium. I plan to pick up something inexpensvie that I've used before & liked - Cover Girl/L'Oreal foundation compact. 

I'm not sure how/if this will work since I seem to enjoy trying new products but I am hoping to transition to using fewer skincare products as I use up what I have. I'm also planning to use more natural products as well as using simple things on my skin that are not marketed as skincare - like Castor oil, baking soda, eggs, etc. Time will tell how well I do at whittling down my pile of products & keeping it small. 

Good morning, @willdob3  I know how the experimenting goes.  I have my own non-negotiables, but still dabble here and there.  One thing I want to pass along, though, is a warning about using baking soda on your face.  I have heard of people using it, but baking soda is not friendly to the skin and it will upset your acid mantle, maybe even damage it beyond repair with continued use.

Why You Shouldn't Use Baking Soda on Your Face

Esteemed Contributor

When I first opened the Santorini kit and smelled the body wash for an idea of the scent I was not dazzled, but when I smelled the body butter I liked the soft scent and figured with layering it would be ok.

I am still trying to figure out what to do with the eye shadows, I couple of the colors are not for me, but I will try the others with a light touch.

The foot fetish, is always a winner with me. Enough Said!

The posh gloss was the sleeper hit for me, when I saw the color, I thought ok we'll see, the color works for me!

I also, re-stocked my chin-up(blue) and hylighten for the dark circles, from all the holiday partying, lol. As you can see I restrained myself fairly well this visit!  I will now start saving for some 2016 great deals!

Honored Contributor

i love the santorini scent.....I smell the honeysuckle......so many great products for the money-Dimitri spoils us!!!!!

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

I would definitely say the Santorini kit was quite the steal. I am actually really happy with my purchase and glad I went for it. Plus with the 10% off, it covered shipping so all of that for only $39?? Pretty darn good.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

Good Morning, Dazzlers! 

Good morning, @willdob3  I know how the experimenting goes.  I have my own non-negotiables, but still dabble here and there.  One thing I want to pass along, though, is a warning about using baking soda on your face.  I have heard of people using it, but baking soda is not friendly to the skin and it will upset your acid mantle, maybe even damage it beyond repair with continued use.

Why You Shouldn't Use Baking Soda on Your Face

@JeanLouiseFinch gives excellent advice.  Step away from the baking soda!  Please be very careful about the "natural" items you use and from where you receive advice and recipes.  There are some downright harmful things posted on Pinterest.  "Natural" is not necessarily safe but requires the same research and vigilance as OTC products.