Respected Contributor

Re: Dimitri coming to the Q...

@DearPrudence wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I said it before, will say it again, huge mistake for him to leave Evine, if it was his decision to leave, which I am betting it was!! He was treated royally there with hours and hours of airtime, that will never happen on the Q!!!

I wonder how much he was asked to concede to in order to accommodate Serious Skin Care.   

My main issue with Evine is that it doesn't broadcast in HD and it makes it hard to see a lot of details, especially with their clothes.  

I have Comcast and I can get Evine on HD. Not sure how long they have been broadcasting as I found it accidentally one day.

Valued Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@DearPrudence wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I said it before, will say it again, huge mistake for him to leave Evine, if it was his decision to leave, which I am betting it was!! He was treated royally there with hours and hours of airtime, that will never happen on the Q!!!

I wonder how much he was asked to concede to in order to accommodate Serious Skin Care.   

My main issue with Evine is that it doesn't broadcast in HD and it makes it hard to see a lot of details, especially with their clothes.  

I have Comcast and I can get Evine on HD. Not sure how long they have been broadcasting as I found it accidentally one day.

@Tricolor  I have Comcast too.  I'm going to check the channels to see if they've added it recently.  Thanks for the heads up!

Honored Contributor

I imagine that misleading title got a lot of Dimitri customer happy for no reason...LOL   He doesn't have to come to QVC, they can see him order from him on HSN, the same way they did when he was on Evine.  However, the way things are going, he might make the cross over to QVC.  I'm not customer but I've certain been seeing him for years,  back to when he sold his Parthena line on the old Shop At Home shopping channel.

Respected Contributor

1. According to Homeshoppinista Blog, Evine is in financial trouble, but Invicta has now invested heavily in them. There will be more watches, as we’ve noticed. I just think SKIN saw the writing on the wall or perhaps the network wanted more of a percentage than they previously took, making his decision to leave, mandatory . Does that make sense?
Respected Contributor

@DearPrudence wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

@DearPrudence wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Tricolor  I have Comcast too.  I'm going to check the channels to see if they've added it recently.  Thanks for the heads up!

It's 834 on mine.

Respected Contributor

@Tricolor 

I've noticed that Dimitri is much happier these days now that he's on HSN.  He was cranky and snippy with the Evine hosts.  He called out one host for (in his words) for "trying to shut me down".  Said he wasn't through with his presentation even though the host said they needed to go on to the next item.

He seems relaxed and enjoying his time on TV much more.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

@DearPrudence @Tricolor Comcast has had Evine HD for over 6 months...it's channel #900 in my area & the other HD channels are 800-899, so maybe you never looked in the 900s. I also noticed they've added more HD channels in the 900 list.

Hope that helps!

Respected Contributor

@pommom wrote:

@Tricolor 

I've noticed that Dimitri is much happier these days now that he's on HSN.  He was cranky and snippy with the Evine hosts.  He called out one host for (in his words) for "trying to shut me down".  Said he wasn't through with his presentation even though the host said they needed to go on to the next item.

He seems relaxed and enjoying his time on TV much more.

OR, it may be easier to be relaxed when you only do 4 hours a month...compared to 4 hous at a stretch which he WAS doing on Evine..

Also, since he has so drastically cut his product line ( as evidenced by looking at the Skinn Website) it may be that it was exhausting having to come up with something   new for every Evine visit- There are a whole lot of items that Skinn no longer makes..like my personal favorite, Botanilift..

Respected Contributor

@wenfen wrote:

@DearPrudence @Tricolor Comcast has had Evine HD for over 6 months...it's channel #900 in my area & the other HD channels are 800-899, so maybe you never looked in the 900s. I also noticed they've added more HD channels in the 900 list.

Hope that helps!

Yes I have had Evine in HD for probably 6 months also. Mine is 834.

Honored Contributor

I wish you wouldn't have made that a declarative statement.  Its like starting a post "I won a million in the lottery" . . . wouldn't it be nice?  How about a petition thread asking for him?