Honored Contributor

Re: Dimitri (Skinn Cosmetics) statements during shows

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

If Dimitri were to leave Evine, I would think Evine would greatly suffer financially. You would think Evine would bend over backwards to keep him. If he is annoyed that SSC may be coming to Evine, that is very petty, there is enough interest in skincare lines to go around.

@Jordan2    I completely agree with your entire statement. When Dimitri showed up at Evine, Isomers was already there. If Dimintri isn't threatened by Manuela, I doubt he would be threated by Jennifer Flavin Stallone.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

I would have thought Evine would have gone the distance to have kept Beekman there too.

Honored Contributor

@MarieIG wrote:

Didn't watch closly enough to notice.  But, a lot of vendors do refer to their Facebook.

I think he was tired this visit. 

@MarieIG Yes, Dimitri seemed a bit  "off" of his usual perky self this visit.  Who knows, maybe tired...maybe not feeling well...but something seemed different.  I hope it is not that he is leaving Evine🙁

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle

I was so surprised when it was mentioned Serious SC was leaving HSN.

They have been there since the beginning.  I wonder what might have happened to change that?

Valued Contributor

As I have mentioned before, Skinn is my line now exclusively. Dimitri did seem a bit distracted and actually tired. He travels so much and is constantly working, I would imagine at this time of the year he is plain worn out. I soooo hope he is not leaving Evine and certainly he would never be threatened by SSC. They are not even close in effectiveness. I do believe that Isomers sales are down and I think that he offers great products that are not as costly as Isomers and sure work for me. Isomers is getting so pricey that it will be hard to keep using the products over the long haul. That is usually my guide.....sure I may be able to purchase the initial launch BUT can I keep up with the hundreds of dollars on a monthly or every 60 days. That is why I am with Skinn all the way.

Let's just wait and watch and see what happens on December 13. I did stock up last visit and bought items this visit and masks from his website. We can hope for the best and I do not believe he would leave home shopping without contracting with another channel. Fingers crossed.

Respected Contributor

I think the cost of shipping may keep some people from ordering SKINN on Evine.  I know I don't order from them any longer.  I can use his site and save money.  I don't use "easy pay" so only the shipping charges affect me.  I doubt he would be bothered by another line of skin care coming in.  If they don't want to re-new his contract, that's a business decision.  

Honored Contributor

I think the doom predictions are a bit premature. All companies want you on their mailing lists rather than a store's mailing list. It means they can decide the messages they send without having to get approval from another party.

Also, a company's clout is measured by their social media interactions these days. If Dimitri can show he commands a large and engaged buying audience, it gives him more bargaining power. Evine probably discusses such things often in sales meetings, thus provoking all their vendors to compete to be on top.

And a lower energy Dimitri would be welcomed by some, not me. Any issue might be smaller, like being turned down at the last moment for free shipping or a special segment. Or he might be privately upset about something having nothing to do with Evine. Maybe someone on his team forgot to pack something important, or maybe he invested in something that isn't working out, or etc could be anything.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Shelbelle

I was so surprised when it was mentioned Serious SC was leaving HSN.

They have been there since the beginning.  I wonder what might have happened to change that?

Really dont know, SSC has been very closed mouth about it since last on HSN in July. Many comments about it on the HSN beauty forum, but no real explanation, been on HSN 23 years.

Frequent Contributor

I purchased a twin pack of Dermapeal and it was on backorder. I received an email that said that there was an unexpected delay with the iterm being received in the warehouse and that they do not have an updated delivery date. They are inventigating and will update me during the week of November 26th. I thought that was strange since Dermapeal is a staple in the line.

Respected Contributor

Dimitri has been saying to follow him on his social media the last few visits , i think he wants to increase his followers . If he was to leave Evine it would be easier work on either of the other networks , they work him like crazy on Evine .