Honored Contributor

Re: Dimitri (Skinn Cosmetics) statements during shows

@MW in Iowa wrote:

Dimitri has been saying to follow him on his social media the last few visits , i think he wants to increase his followers . If he was to leave Evine it would be easier work on either of the other networks , they work him like crazy on Evine .

I think that may have been the problem with Beekman as well. They were being worked too hard and pushed too much....I remember reading that here.... 

Respected Contributor

I remember last year that it was mentioned on this board that he was being told to produce newer products with each visit. Maybe he has reached his max doing that. Maybe this concern is all premature however, I do believe that people's instincts are often right on. So the OP may be on to something. Just hope that we don't lose Dimitri but if he were to go to HSN or QVC, the shipping would be better.

Valued Contributor

I remember on one show a few months ago he made a comment about a social media influencer and how much money she was making and said something along the lines of how he needs to do more social media. Since that visit he’s been mentioning the Facebook, insta, etc...
Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

I remember last year that it was mentioned on this board that he was being told to produce newer products with each visit. Maybe he has reached his max doing that. Maybe this concern is all premature however, I do believe that people's instincts are often right on. So the OP may be on to something. Just hope that we don't lose Dimitri but if he were to go to HSN or QVC, the shipping would be better.

@Tricolor The words in bold of your post where what caused the demise of Connie  Stevens' Forever Spring line on HSN. She decided to sell only through her own website and small distributors. So far, it's still working for her.

Super Contributor

WOW!!! Looks like 1/2 the Skinn Items have been removed from the Evine website & now Free Shipping on $75 or more...What's Going On????

Honored Contributor

@wenfen wrote:

WOW!!! Looks like 1/2 the Skinn Items have been removed from the Evine website & now Free Shipping on $75 or more...What's Going On????

All due respect, this is not correct. I just looked and there are still 3 pages worth of products from Skinn on the Evine website. Same page count as during Dimitri's visit. If half the items were removed, the number of pages of products would have reduced significantly. I don't think anything is going on at all.

Free shipping is a good thing. I think it should be for all purchases or for a lower amount.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr