Trusted Contributor

Re: Did you know this about Argan Oil?

OMG I have been using Argan Oil for years. Ageless beauty from a turd. Stick a fork in me I'm done with the oil. Used it for so many years. I'm 75 but I look 74!! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Vickiv wrote:

OMG I have been using Argan Oil for years. Ageless beauty from a turd. Stick a fork in me I'm done with the oil. Used it for so many years. I'm 75 but I look 74!! 

@Vickiv, I posted earlier on this thread, but apparently my information is not as exciting as the goat involvement. :-)

From slate.com (same info found on other sites as well)l:

In the last decade or so, argan oil has become a cult beauty product in the U.S. A 1.7-ounce bottle of Josie Maran 100 percent Argan Oil, for example, retails for $48. The production process, however, does not involve goat excrement—these days, argan oil intended for export is produced by women’s cooperatives in southwest Morocco, who gather the fruit straight from the trees.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@ILoveFragrance, perhaps some of the best things can come from p00p ... the most expensive coffee in the world comes from a coffee beans eaten by a civet (a weasel-like animal).  The coffee is called: Kopi Luwak.  Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

Although I know they don't get it from the poop anymore, I would have no problem if they did. I'd much rather that than using a product with an ingredient from a killed animal, like hydrolyzed collagen or emu oil. 

Honored Contributor

@ILoveFragrance wrote:

How they process the real original oil?  It comes from the goats that go on top of the trees, eat the beans or seeds and then they find the green argan oil in the brown shell, with the not so plesant poop on them and the ladies clean them and then work hours and hours to get the oil out. 

Ewwww! Yuck!! 😝

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Vickiv wrote:

@Vickiv, I posted earlier on this thread, but apparently my information is not as exciting as the goat involvement. :-)

From slate.com (same info found on other sites as well)l:

In the last decade or so, argan oil has become a cult beauty product in the U.S. A 1.7-ounce bottle of Josie Maran 100 percent Argan Oil, for example, retails for $48. The production process, however, does not involve goat excrement—these days, argan oil intended for export is produced by women’s cooperatives in southwest Morocco, who gather the fruit straight from the trees.

@suzyQ3

You can write this until you're blue in the face; there are some who simply will not pay attention! They'll start a new thread on this theme in a couple of months!  Smiley Happy