Regular Contributor

Did you know this about Argan Oil?

How they process the real original oil?  It comes from the goats that go on top of the trees, eat the beans or seeds and then they find the green argan oil in the brown shell, with the not so plesant poop on them and the ladies clean them and then work hours and hours to get the oil out. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Did you know this about Argan Oil?

I have purchased Josie Maran 100% pure they say oil.............and I have used it on my nails but now I am just looking at it............but they must purify it...........so that is how it is made unless companies are using machines and since so much demand is for this oil I think now mostly machines are doing the job but he has kept ladies from having jobs in that country.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ILoveFragrance wrote:

How they process the real original oil?  It comes from the goats that go on top of the trees, eat the beans or seeds and then they find the green argan oil in the brown shell, with the not so plesant poop on them and the ladies clean them and then work hours and hours to get the oil out. 

Goats climb the trees? yes they do.  Although today the harvest method is likely to be more conventional.  The link is from HuffPost.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/this-really-is-a-tree-full-of-goats_us_55f82492e4b0c2077efc045e

Esteemed Contributor

@ILoveFragrance wrote:

I saw that on CBS Sunday Morning last Sunday. 

and here I thought those stories were bull c r a p.... and they are not....  It is goat c r a p!

Honored Contributor

Yes and the goats look forty but they are seventy. It's all because of the ARRRRgan oil!Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Yes and the goats look forty but they are seventy. It's all because of the ARRRRgan oil!Woman LOL

@SilleeMee  LOL!

Respected Contributor

@ILoveFragrance wrote:

they either poop the seed out or they spit it out, that's the story from Sunday Morning program.  

Honored Contributor

Argan oil is mostly manufactured by hand these days by all-female argan oil cooperatives -- no goat involvement.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

I will read the article, thank you and there is a man that still uses the old fashioned way and I am so happy as these ladies get to work one lady I think they said is 86 and been doing it for years and years.

Frequent Contributor

That is TOO funny!  I laughed so hard now my stomach hurts!

@Texasmouse wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee  LOL!