Honored Contributor

Re: Did you know that............

The majority of my blushes are pressed powder. I start slightly above my cheekbone and sweep towards my temples. 

I find I need slightly more when using liquid foundation so it can be seen. 

@Kachina624, I have seen some women apply the wrong color to their face, but never in that round circle. Maybe I have seen too dark a color at the apples of the cheeks. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I use a very light dusting of a light rose colored powder blush.  For many years, I was using a Bare Minerals shade that's no longer available.  I found a substitute by Estee Lauder. 

Any blush that has come in a kit has been too dark/harsh for me...just one of the reasons I no longer buy kits. 

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway  That's an interesting concept.  I only like a hint of color.  I feel that is enough for my age (mid 60's).  I have powder blushes but I am loving this creme blush because I have more control.  I know Tarte has the best long wearing powder blushes.  Have you ever tried them?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@ItsME  If you want a long lasting powder blush you need to try Tarte.  I own a couple and they last a long time.  I was quite impressed.  However, I am loving this creme blush right now -- you know how us women can be love it one day, the next day you are on to something else!  LOL

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

wrote:

Still love and use bareminerals (aka bare escentuals) loose blushes and radiances. Sadly they are hard to come by so I purchase from eBay. I do not care for anything new from bereminerals but was very loyal to their former products. The radiances especially. Agree, in my world, can't leave the house without it 😍👍🏼!

Hands down my favorite as well and Ive tried everything from Nars to Dior. They look natural, like your skin and you really have to cake it on for it to be noticeable. 

Honored Contributor

I was never any good at blush -- still am not the greatest.  ButI do agree that blush is a great pick me up to the face!  I have recently been trying out a blush which I got in a Laura Geller kit.  It is powder and has all these different streaks of color in it -- some rather dark -- and I thought --- oh, no -- this will never work on me.  But using a nice fluffy brush and a very light hand --- I was surprised at how decent it looked on me.  I am not going to say nice, because as I said, I am still on a learning curve!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

As the years have ticked by on me, I am finding my blush needs to be a softer more muted shade.  I have a drawer full of shades that are  just too saturated.

A few weeks ago I discovered Gallany here at QVC. I ordered the Budapest trio and the blush/eyeshadow delivers that sweet flush of color. The eyeshadow quality (to me) rivals  Chanel and Dior. Ive ordered more from their site. 

I think Tarte use to have 4 shades they called neutrals in a kit. Maybe they sell them as separates. Hmm...No Lalley. Be strong.😀

Respected Contributor

I'm a powdered blush user.  Anytime I've tried using a cream or gel, it gets splotchy on me.  My skin is good, but for some reason, it just doesn't like anything but powdered blush.  Application is critical. 

Trusted Contributor

@Tsukiko

I know what you're sayin' - I have strayed many times but always back to the tried and true BM. I looked forward to each and every TSV of theirs on auto-delivery of course, so had quite the collection. The radiances are just enough color, and the Warmth was a cult favorite, which looked good on everybody. I miss that. Not a fan of the Ready products or pressed shadows and blushes. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

I agree that blush is a significant part of one's finished look.  Without it, I think a woman's complextion just looks flat and lifeless.  With it, she looks more youthful.  I've always used powdered blush from the time I began wearing makeup.  The only cream blush I've tried were Josie Maran's Glow Sticks (think that's what it was called).  Upon application it looked nice but within a very short time it just vanished.  I have good luck with IT Cosmetics and Laura Geller blushes.