Respected Contributor

Did she forget to get dressed?

Saw a few minutes of a show last evening where the host was Shawn.

She had on a woman who created lip treatments.  After describing this woman as formerly working for ESPN, she comes out.  I had to do a visual double take as this woman waltzes out in what looked like a short slip.  It was very white and sort of satin in fabric.  It had tiny straps and was halfway up her thighs.

It literally looked like a slip.  As a nurse, I have seen maybe thousands of women's bodies, so it's not that!  But to come on a shopping channel to sell your product dressed like that, I guess it shouldn't, shocked me.  It wasn't flattering or cute.

Anyone else see it?

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Re: Did she forget to get dressed?

@hyacinth003  I could be mistaken, but I believe this was discussed earlier on the board.

Respected Contributor

There were posts about ithe slip dress last night. I wore dresses shorter than that when I was young, not a big deal to me...it wasn't too sheer, she was covered & I thought it was cute. Other posters thought the dress was awful or cute but agreed it wasn't appropriate to wear on QVC.

Honored Contributor

Live in the past with all the dress restrictions if you want but the rest of the world has moved on and I, for one, like the more casual less restrictive life!!!

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@hyacinth003  I could be mistaken, but I believe this was discussed earlier on the board.

Sorry I missed it!

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Sorry I missed it!

Hyacinth

I missed it too! If you are not online when it’s posted you miss it.

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Live in the past with all the dress restrictions if you want but the rest of the world has moved on and I, for one, like the more casual less restrictive life!!!

Nah, I still prefer appropriate.  I can't think of any place other than your own home that "dress" would be appropriate.  Only with another dress over it does it belong anywhere but home.

Being classy NEVER goes out of style.  Trash is trash, and I am surprised that a corporation like QVC let that represent it.

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003 I totally agree. 

Honored Contributor

The thread about the slip dress is in the Community Chat under "QVC Guests Need a Dress Code".

I posted there that JM "hangs out" during her presentations so I didn't see why the slip dress is such a big shock.

Frequent Contributor

She is young and has great figure omg ! How about when hosts look less than appropriate! I'm no prude and yes the dress was little on short side but think she pulled it off! I don't see many say positive but quickly jump to negative and post about it ! So get of your tush and see if you can fit into  something pretty girly and not bash other woman