Contributor

Re: Did anyone see the cream with volufiline on the other shopping channel?

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain What product are you using that has the Vollufiline in it? I think I read that it might be Cleosis cream? Can you detail the results that you are having with it and where you purchased it? Thank you so much!

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

I already use a product with Volufiline in it on my lips, temples, and cheeks. It does work. The main reason I don't post much about it here is that it would be very involved to explain how the ingredient works, and lots of people would not believe that it even could have an effect. But it does for me...

If you're interested, use it anywhere you would want filler. It doesn't have nearly as dramatic an effect as filler, but when it works it can add a little subtle volume by increasing the subcutaneous fat a tiny bit.

@Porcelain , I'm one of the people who bit on the HSN offer, and now that it's arrived, I'm wondering exactly how to use it in conjunction with other products. The more I read about it, the more I think I'd like to apply it to very specific areas of my face, which will leave a lot of skin without anything on it unless I can apply moisturizer.

So from what you know, can retinol be used with this stuff? What's the order in which one would apply, say, Dr. Denese Hydroshield Serum, a general Denese moisturizer, and the Dr. Tree product with Volufiline? I know that using retinol requires vigilant use of UVA/B block, but do you know if that concern is increased with the Volufiline?

I looked at what YouTube had on it and could find only very young women "testing" it on their imaginary wrinkles or trying for fatter lips, but if there's an info source there or elsewhere you could suggest that could answer some of these questions, please direct me. TIA!

I can only tell you how I use mine. I use it at night and I put it on last, well after my regular routine has a chance to sink in. I don't use it during the day because my last step during the day is sunscreen and I just don't want to put anything on top of that, not because I think they would be incompatible in any way. Personal preference.

My volufiline cream doesn't seem to have anything in it that would make me avoid using it with retinol (in fact I do that) or sunscreen. The factor I take into account with it is that I don't want to encourage any subtle fat increase in certain areas, such as my nose, lower cheeks and jawline, so I don't like to apply it at the same time as applying products that are going to get spread everywhere on my face...Does that make sense? It's like a logic puzzle, which goes on first! lol

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@danska wrote:

@Porcelain What product are you using that has the Vollufiline in it? I think I read that it might be Cleosis cream? Can you detail the results that you are having with it and where you purchased it? Thank you so much!

I use the Cleosis W cream, I've seen the best results with this, but it is not for everyone. Got it on Amazon. I also have Sidmool's 100% Volufiline concentrate (Amazon), some Korean eye cream thing with volufiline in it (eBay), and I used to sporadically use a "redensifying" product that had some volufiline in it (home shopping).

The results are that hollowing has been filled in a little. You know how as you get older, any babyfat seems to shift from the upper cheeks down to the lower cheeks and jaw area? That hollowing is lessened. And I have more volume around my lips.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Contributor

@Porcelain Thank you so much for your reply. These sound very interesting. I have the Redensify 3D serum from Isomers that I just opened. I will start with that.

Respected Contributor

Thanks very much for going over that, @Porcelain . That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. If this stuff works, it could help offset not only age-related fat loss or shift, but also the kind you can get with weight loss after a certain age, even if it's done slowly.

Good to know it can be effective even when topping off other products. Off to begin my grand experiment!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got my Dr. Tree Volu10 Cream today.  It says to apply morning AND night.  I was only planning on applying at night.  Also, it says to massage into the skin.  I thought in the demos they were saying to press it into the skin.  Am I correct?

BTW, there's a little clear spatula in the box.  Almost missed it since it was laying flat against one of the sides of the box.  

Edited to say apparently I was incorrect about how to apply.  I think I got that idea from watching a Skinn Luminous Oil presentation.

Honored Contributor

Also something else someone might find of interest.  I'm an ingredient junkee.  I like looking at product ingredients and trying to figure out their purpose in a product.  As such, I have a large database of ingredients which auto-fills my product database when added to that database.  When I input the ingredients for the Dr. Tree product I noticed the active ingredient was already in my ingredient database.  Did some searching and lo and behold it was in Elysee Youthsapn Facial Resurrection Serum (including the hydrogenated polyisobutene needed to make it Volufilene).  This was number 46 of the 200 products I have put in this database since I started doing it several years sgo, so it has been several years since I used that product.  At the time, all I really found for that ingredient was that it was an anti-inflammatory.  

Super Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I already use a product with Volufiline in it on my lips, temples, and cheeks. It does work. The main reason I don't post much about it here is that it would be very involved to explain how the ingredient works, and lots of people would not believe that it even could have an effect. But it does for me...

If you're interested, use it anywhere you would want filler. It doesn't have nearly as dramatic an effect as filler, but when it works it can add a little subtle volume by increasing the subcutaneous fat a tiny bit.

Thank you for posting your experience on this/these products.  I wish to ask a favor of you...please give us the precise name(s) and locations where you bought these. I don't want to get the wrong things.  I only want to use these on my face.  Thanks so much. 

Honored Contributor

Well, I've been faithfully using the face cream and eye cream at night for a couple of weeks now and there's nothing exceptional about their performance so they're going back.

Honored Contributor

Well, I've been faithfully using the face cream and eye cream at night for a couple of weeks now and there's nothing exceptional about their performance so they're both going back and I'm returning to my tried and trues.