Occasional Contributor

Did anyone return the Trish kit from 4/27?

Something in this kit is bothering my contact lenses. Anyone else have this experience? Did you keep this kit or return once you got it?
Regular Contributor

Re: Did anyone return the Trish kit from 4/27?

I cannot use the gel eyeliner. For some reason it makes my eyes water and feel uncomfortable.
Respected Contributor

I don't like the eyeliner (don't really use pencils anymore) or the mascara, but I love everything else. So for me, it's worth keeping the kit. I can use the mascara as a 2nd coat over my Ulta mascara which is much better and cheaper, and at least it's not going to waste. If you use your prior eyeliner/mascara do you have better luck?

Contributor

I kept it, but I'm seriously underwhelmed by It. After all the good things I read about TM, I decided to spring for this rather expensive organizer. Never again. Not one item is any better than other cheaper items I have. For example, I like my Maybelline Age Rewind Eye Treatment concealer better than her Instant Eyelift, which I find to be thick and heavy. Her mascara is flaky. The brushes are ok, and the lip pencil is nice. The gloss tube has little to no color. Oh well, live and learn.
Honored Contributor

It's probably the eyeliner. The only one that I can wear on the inside of my upper lid is BB's Gel Liner; no other brand works. I use TM to line my lid in the traditional manner and set with eyeshadowe as a liner over it; stays on till I wash it.

Love the planner and products but I've been a Trish fan since 1997, lol.

Respected Contributor

I purchased and cancelled before their cut-off time. I like that about HSN.. I know that by 10pm EST their cut-off will allow you to buy more and save or cancel before that time.

I like the concept of the planner - especially for travel. I can't imagine fitting my cosmetics into one planner.. or even two. And I'm not going to scale back. But it looks really handy and organized.

The products of TM's that I've tried are fine. I have the eye base- which I use on occasion, the product that's used for triangle of light- which I rarely use... and her gel eyeliner which I don't find exceptional over other gel pencils like Mally, Tarte- the AC silk version, Bobbi Brown, etc.- I also have a tube lip product that I could easily live without, but it's nice enough.

I also think Trish is more geared to fair women with pink undertones.. however she uses a model with my coloring except for dark hair and eyes.

Bless my cotton socks, I edit 99.9% of the time ... this time for leaving out a simple word so the sentence didn't make much sense. {#emotions_dlg.crying} I'm too a-n-a-l about those things that really don't matter & others wouldn't likely notice.. you're not hanging on my every word. Smile

Frequent Contributor

It's probably the gel liner that's bothering your eyes. The liner has sparkles in it and they flake down onto my face and probably into the eye. I've seen several mentions that her products are geared to rosy toned skin. Not!! I tried her foundation and it was way too yellow. Her eye primer is yellow also.