Super Contributor

Did anyone receive the It Cosmetics TSV?

What do you think?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Did anyone receive the It Cosmetics TSV?

I ordered it, but cancelled last minute.  Still waiting for it to not to be a pending charge on my visa.  ugh....  the reason I cancelled was because the    reviews said it accentuated pores and fine lines.  and with my dry skin, that worried me.  although the presentations were convincing, the reviews made me change my mind.  curious what others think if they ordered.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Received it and used it today... I should start out by saying my skin is combo. So that always makes a difference with powder foundations. This was my first try at their "illumination" foundation for obvious reasons with my skin type. I am 53 but have pretty good skin, no wrinkles really to speak of. I did my usual skin care first. Applied the Too Faced hangover Rx. primer and let that dry. The foundation applied well, coverage was good. I have some redness but mostly hyperpigmentation to cover. This did a good job . I didn't use the concealer but have used it in the past. That does cover very well. I really loved the foundation brush. The usual IT cosmetic standard. The brow pencil is good, if you know how to use one. The lip balm is sheer and will not turn your lips crazy neon pink like their other that they have in their line. This is what I wanted. Just hydration, not crazy neon color. Overall, I liked this TSV. The foundation is a little too illuminating for me but if you use a translucent setting powder over it it does tone it down and then it's perfect. Because my skin is on the oiler side this foundation looks great as time passes. Oh, I did use MAC setting spray and that was probably what made my face looks so good. Took away all the "dry" right away and my foundation looked great! 

I forgot to add, the mascara was decent but not great. I usually use a lash primer (Lancôme) and that makes practically any mascara a good one but I didn't with this mascara to see how it performed on its own. It did add volume and the color was nice & black. My lashes are average length but straight and most mascaras will weigh it down. I use a lash curler always before mascara. This didn't smudge all over and under my eyes so that is a plus. 

Frequent Contributor

I received my kit today and absolutely love it. I already use the illumination powder everyday.  I use the CC Cream as my foundation and then lightly dust the illumination powder over that to set the foundation. It just adds a light illumination which really wakes my face up. I already use the Bye Bye Undereye cream. Tight line mascara is my fav, so I have high hopes for this one.  I will use the brow pencil tomorrow, the color is perfect for me. IT brushes are my favorite, so I know I'll get a lot of use from this one. Overall, this kit breaks down to $10 per item. What a great bargain 

Respected Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

I ordered it, but cancelled last minute.  Still waiting for it to not to be a pending charge on my visa.  ugh....  the reason I cancelled was because the    reviews said it accentuated pores and fine lines.  and with my dry skin, that worried me.  although the presentations were convincing, the reviews made me change my mind.  curious what others think if they ordered.

I don't want to be rude but some women don't look at their makeup under a magnified mirror and don't see what their skin really looks like.

This product is good for young girls. Even if you wanted a powder from It Cosmetics, get the black compact without the illumination.

Fear not, in January there will be another TSV with a creme foundation with a similar TSV. It is always the same 'ol, same 'ol. You can always count on It Cosmetics to not change its TSV format.

Happy Holidays Ladies!

Frequent Contributor

Can you tell us what products are in the January TSV. I need to restock on items I've used up.

Occasional Contributor

Maybe try the liquid foundation.  I think the powder does accentuate pore size.  I bought it for the eye brow pencil, liq under eye and mascara.  

I prefer the liq foundation to this powder. 

Trusted Contributor

powder foundations scare me.  I'll stick with my liquid.  Thanks ladies.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got mine yesterday, opened it last night to "test" a few things.

I was surprised that I liked the foundation! I use regular Celebration and was worried about sparkle. This was not that, a soft glow. BUT I think I will use this sometimes over the CC cream, or combined with the regular foundation. For me, alone is not an option. The brush is lovely.

The mascara went on easily and really made my lashes long and plush. I normally use waterproof mascara, so  I will test further today to see how it lasts or not.

Already a fan of the concealer and brow product!

I have never been a huge fan of jen ai se quoi, thought the original was too fuschia. This balm is far better, not a stain but a soft pink and very wearable for me.

Keeping this!

ETA: Wore the whole kit all day yesterday. Still loving the foundation, pleasantly surprised by it actually! The lip balm turned out to be amazing for me, one application lasts a LONG time without stickiness, I lined and filled in with YLBB Romantic Rose Liner and topped with the balm! Perfect. While I usually like waterproof mascara better, I will use this. It did flake a tad by the end of the day, but it didn't fade and really made my lashes super long with just a few swipes.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I just got it recently. I wasn't going to, because I have a lot already, and because I'm getting the holiday palette for Christmas. But I LOVE the Celebration foundation illumination. The compact I had was almost gone, so I decided to order it at the last minute. For some reason this foundation works for me - better than the original Celebration foundation. I have combo skin, and I don't like a heavy coverage. It's all about the brush - that's what gives me the perfect finish! I like Bye Bye Undereye. It's not my favorite, but I do like it. I don't have much luck with Brow Power. It makes my brows too dark - no matter how lightly I apply it. I'll keep trying, but I like the gel pencil in blonde better, and I really like Benefit's new eyebrow pot. I like the lip treatment and the color works for me, and although the tightline mascara primer is my HG, I like this one too! I got it mainly for the foundation, brush, and lip product. Smiley Happy