Frequent Contributor

Re: Did anyone get the shipping survey?

I returned to this Thread. Excellent posts & some made me chuckle. ;-) The posts are 'detailed' feedback & I'm not sure if the Survey allowed for the same type of feedback...Maybe there was a box to 'add' comments? ***sueeich, I'm wondering where we can look up taxing on Handling - yu mentioned it is up to the States not the Q. 'Handling is processing orders in a warehouse' - yes? I don't understand how that is taxable?

As always, thanks to all the posters.

Super Contributor

Re: Did anyone get the shipping survey?

I didn't get the survey. But if they are looking, yes, I often buy something extra from another site if there is a minimum for free shipping. But only if it isn't an unreasonable amount. It depends on what kind of items I'm buying, obviously. The minimum could be different from a drugstore than a clothing store. I'd also consider the weight of the items.

My biggest beef the Q is that they don't even combine shipping when we order multiples from the same vendor during the same show. Or even the same item number.

I'd order a LOT more from QVC if it weren't for the stacked shipping charges on the same order. I can't count how many times I've cancelled an order (before submitting it) when I've seen the shipping total. For example, 5 items, shipping cost around $60 - for an order that I know would fit on one bag or smallish lightweight box. No way! I could shop elsewhere and get a couple more items for that, and have them shipped free.

That said, I do ALSO take in to consideration the total price. Raising the prices of the item to cover the shipping charges (like they did when they started making the shipping "free" on most of the food" doesn't work with me. It actually backfired. Why? Because now you can't even get the savings of the half off shipping on the second order of a food item. I used to get the bella philly steaks (two boxes at a time to save on the S&H on the second box). But since they made the shipping and handling 'free', they raised the price of the item by more than they used to charge for shipping. Sorry, but I didn't fall off the turnip truck... {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Stopped buying it.