Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did You Ever Want to Try A Funky Hairstyle?

I had a short wedge cut up until last year when (not because of Covid) I decided to let it grow out. I got so sick and tired of short hair. My hairdresser did a great job so I didn't have to go through the awkward growing out phase. 

I too had those awful Toni perms when I was a kid. Maybe that's why I like my straight hair today.

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife   You are absolutely darling!  You can see it in your eyes that you love life.  That surfer guy is one lucky dude LOL!.  I can see why you have kept the red.....it is you!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I like that, i have short ,lousy hair, thinking of going to a mans barber shop, the cost of hair cuts are just so expensive at beauty shops ,here.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

@rms1954 

I say go for it !! I am 57 always wore my fine hair long . For years I wanted to do a short pixie cut and would chicken out . A few years ago when I started going silver I took the plunge . Its great my fine hair looks fuller . Today there are also many ways to play with short hair ,more than we had years ago .  Pomades , texture sprays and gels can really change up your look .  As other said hair grows back. if you don't like it  .  Good luck !

Honored Contributor

The funkiest I did with my hair was getting one side cut shorter than the other.  It was very much like a cut Shawn Killinger had a few years back.  I got more compliments on that haircut but what a pain it was to grow out. 

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 You should do it. It would be so easy to grow out if you didn't love it, but it may be just perfect on you!

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife You look so cute in your short haircut!  Love the red. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife 

You wear them both well!  So pretty and LOVE your lipstick.

Respected Contributor

That IS my haircut, only mine is silver and I spike it on top. 😉

Honored Contributor

I love that short sweet pixie cut.  I have worn my hair that short for years.  Actually, I have had my hair waist length one day and the pixie cut the next.

When I wear my hair short, I need to get it cut every 4 weeks to maintain the style.  Since I could not get my hair cut  because of COVID, it grew past my shoulders.  My hair grows super fast.

Right now I am wearing my long hair pulled back into a chignon.  Easy to do for lazy me.

I really do need a hair cut.