Respected Contributor

Re: Did You Ever Want to Try A Funky Hairstyle?

Hair Grows..........you might like it that short or you might like even 6 wks later and decide to keep that length then.

Honored Contributor

I used to have a similar cut!

Blondie

9FCA321A-61B4-47CC-8EEA-A4806230854B.jpeg

Back to Red

BDA95573-E70F-4A73-AAD2-74F25CDE468C.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Its a cute cut only if you have the right features.   I've seen too many women with a similar cut along with gray hair have the wrong features and it makes them look too manish.

Respected Contributor

So cute!  If you can pull it off, more power to you!

I had short hair up until sixth grade because it was easy for my parents to take care of for me.  

When I became in charge of my hair I grew it out long and it has stayed that way ever since!  I used a curling iron and then I discovered perms. 

I like all the wigs Katy Perry wears--Long blonde hair one day, long black another....

but I could never get used to myself having so many diverse hair styles.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 

That is really cute!  I don't have the nerve!  And the answer to your questions is -- YES!  I keep looking and then I chicken out!  I have also thought ---- I'd like to put a light pink rinse or a pastel blue rinse on my hair and I talk myself out of that, too!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi 

I don't blame you!  I suffered through a couple of those Toni things myself!  One time I was probably about 6, my Mom ended up having to get all my hair cut off because it was so damaged from it.  She made them give me a pixie cut.  OMG --- I hated that thing and looked horrible in it!  

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Desertdi 

I don't blame you!  I suffered through a couple of those Toni things myself!  One time I was probably about 6, my Mom ended up having to get all my hair cut off because it was so damaged from it.  She made them give me a pixie cut.  OMG --- I hated that thing and looked horrible in it!  

@AngelPuppy1    Oh yeah......my hair got "fried" so badly, it turned orange.....and broke off in chunks.     I spent all my "allowance" at the corner barber.......for YEARS.  Ma never got "the clue".    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi 

I feel your pain!  LOL!  The really bad part --- well, it was all bad --- but the worst part was that right after the hideous pixie cut --- was school pictures!  Man Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Desertdi 

I feel your pain!  LOL!  The really bad part --- well, it was all bad --- but the worst part was that right after the hideous pixie cut --- was school pictures!  Man Embarassed

@AngelPuppy1    I purposely sat in the LAST ROW of the school room.    And as soon as my hair got long enough to go on the tiny perm rods.....she did it AGAIN......sometimes using Lilt (because they were "stronger" for "resistant hair").

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I have really fine hair.  My mother managed it when I was little by getting me a pixie.  I hated them b/c everyone mistakened me for a boy.  Thank goodness for Dorothy Hamill.  Mom switched to a wedge after she made that hairstyle popular and I looked more like a girl. 

I go through periods where I cut my usually shoulder length hair short.  I have not had cut as short as the picture but I have had some pretty funky cuts over the years.