Honored Contributor

Did You Ever Want to Try A Funky Hairstyle?

I love this short cut.  I'm just so tired of everything and want to try something new and exciting.  

IMG_0239 (002).jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Did You Ever Want to Try A Funky Hairstyle?

Every time my ma gave me an "extra-strong" Toni.....I went to the local barber shop......and got a boy-cut.     

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Yes, yes and yes but I dont have the features for that kind of haircut but I would love it. My neck is too long and my face is oval shaped so I need hair to soften my features. So its shouder length and naturally wavy, which I love, but boy cutting it is very tempting!

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi   After a frizzy Toni home permanent I went to the barber shop and told them I wanted a duck tail. It cost a dollar! 
  My mother gave me a white sailer hat to wear to cover it up. I wore it pulled down and loved it. I liked my short hair that Summer!

💇‍♀️ 🏄🏼‍♀️ 🏊🏻 🚣 💇 😃

Honored Contributor

I could never have a short haircut like that one. I've got too many thinning spots all over my head and I would be self conscious about that. Maybe try a short wig.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Every time my ma gave me an "extra-strong" Toni.....I went to the local barber shop......and got a boy-cut.     

OMG.  My mother gave me a perm when i was in the 5th or 6th grade.  It was AWFUL.  Couldn't even get a brush or comb thru it.  She did it just to be mean.  Didn't even ask for it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Seems like my mother gave me a Toni perm every month!  Guess she couldn't deal with my straight hair.  My father always left the house when this was happening because it smelled so bad.  My eyes would be watering.  These were the worst!  

I could never wear that short style with my straight hair.  I tried that once to get the Twiggy look in the 60s and it was a disaster.  Chin length bob works best for my hair although it's now shoulder length due to the pandemic.  I would love to try a different style but I'm kind of stuck because of the texture of my hair.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954    CUTE CUT.  Katie Perry had her hair cut in this styles a year or two ago.  Easy to take care and you probably don't need a hair dryer!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

This one is too short for my preference.  Lately I keep going a little shorter with each haircut, but it still hits my jaw in front and halfway down my neck on the sides and in back.  I style it simply, just turning it under all the way around, lifting it slightly around my ears and spraying, then turning my bangs under, fluffing them a bit, and spray to hold them.  Sometimes I'd like to get shorter layers all over and spike it but I don't have the nerve.  I don't think I have thick enough hair for it to work.  

Honored Contributor

Not this particular funky haircut but I've always wanted to shave one side of my head above my ear and long all over like this 029D1BEC-882A-4E23-8123-5E6396A8A414.jpeg