Honored Contributor

Did Sephora drop on their website the feature that when you purchased a specific foundation, when you logged in you could see what other brands shades were compatible. I forget what Sephora called it — BeautyID/ IQ?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Regular Contributor

Hi.  No, I don't think so.  It is called Color IQ and you get it measured in store.  If the employee does the job right they should send you that number (which should be unique to your skintone) to your email and it should also be stored in your account at sephora online.  Remember also that sometimes our skintone changes between seasons and if that is your case you should get your Color IQ measured again.  The last time I got my measurement in store they recommended blush and lipstick shades as well.  It was really nice.

Trusted Contributor

Holy Cow, where have I been?  I did not know about this.  This sounds very cool.  I'm going to check this out.  Thank you for asking the question @JustJazzmom and for the information @glam_girl.  I appreciate it.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @glam_girl. I will google on Sephora for Color IQ. There used to be a section you could click on under your account & all the foundation brands compatible with one you bought would show up. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Did Sephora Get Rid Of?

[ Edited ]

Yep...think they did away with the color IQ on the website when they added the new shade finder for foundations.Which is limited and often incorrect. It matches me all over the place. Temptalia has a better matrix match. I've had to call customer service a few times to get shade matched since they have removed the color IQ.

Honored Contributor

Findation is another online shade matching site.  I tried Sephora's when I wanted to try a NARS foundation.  Maybe the lady was not properly trained on it, but it was way off.  I had previously used Findation so had a good idea what shade to look for.  Another lady came over and looked at me and immediately said Mont Blanc.  That was the same shade Findation had picked out for me.  It was a perfect match.  Findation didn't do as well a job picking the correct shade of a Too Faced foundation though.  

Regular Contributor

@segrl21  I just found it on sephora.com.  Type color iq on the search bar and they information will appear.  If you already know your color iq you can type it and it will show the foundations that match.  Unfortunately it has not been fully integrated on the app yet.

As far as having a perfect match that is really hard.  The person that measures it needs to be aware that the device picks up the actual skintone and not freckles, scars or dark spots. Even having an accurate match I always try the color that goes next and if there's a lighter one than the match I will try that as well.

Honored Contributor

I always get a sample to take home and try in different lightings before I buy, even if I think it's a good match.  Ulta no longer gives out samples which really makes me mad.  Are they really overrun with customers asking for samples?  So, Sephora ends up getting my business when it comes to foundation.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess I looked at findation website which was pretty accurate for 2 out of 3 foundations I wear. I had them find matches for my ‘winter’ foundation.

I will have to see how well they do with the ‘summer’ foundation.

I just thought of something — bring your own container to Ulta for a sample! 

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom, I have thought of doing that, but I was assuming when they said they didn't give out samples they also wouldn't let you take some home in your own container.  I suppose I could sneak some from the tester, but I would be so guilty doing that.