Esteemed Contributor

Did Q just send me WEN CC from 2014?

Just got my orders from Q with the oils and one of the  CC codes

is 14 06 05  07

The others are dated from 2016 and 2017?

Is Q selling expired merchandise??

Respected Contributor

Re: Did Q just send me WEN CC from 2014?

We  have a thread already onthis someplace. Apparently a lot of people are noticing this.  I wonder why they have such old items?

Honored Contributor

There was a similar post within the last six months. I don't remember the poster. They sent it back. Look under the WEN forum.
Trusted Contributor

@hopi Wen is good for two years Once Opened. So, although it is from 2014, it is still perfectly fine

Esteemed Contributor

@Jeannie29wrote:

@hopi Wen is good for two years Once Opened. So, although it is from 2014, it is still perfectly fine

I think @Jeannie29, the problem is many of us don't like to pay for "old product".  Also, if it's so good after two years, why doesn't Chaz use up the old product in his salon and send out new product to QVC customers.

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandmewrote:

@Jeannie29wrote:

I think @Jeannie29, the problem is many of us don't like to pay for "old product".  Also, if it's so good after two years, why doesn't Chaz use up the old product in his salon and send out new product to QVC customers.

@eddyandme,

Thanks

Don't mind product marked 2017, 2016 is a stretch, 2015 is very questionable but 2014 is offensive. Oils go rancid.

I would not have purchased if the product was as advertised.

Esteemed Contributor

@hopiwrote:

@eddyandmewrote:

@Jeannie29wrote:

@eddyandme,

Thanks

Don't mind product marked 2017, 2016 is a stretch, 2015 is very questionable but 2014 is offensive. Oils go rancid.

I would not have purchased if the product was as advertised.

@hopi, you might want to call cust svc and explain old product - they wil probably tell you to mark defective and return free,

Honored Contributor

Within the last few years, all WEN products are labeled with a manufactured date, which will clearly state the month and year it was made, ie “Mfg 00/0000”.  What you have listed in your post is a code.  Neither is an expiration date.

If you don’t want to keep the products, I would return them as defective or call customer service with your complaint about the date, so as to avoid return shipping.  

I have never purchased WEN products directly from Chaz, so I can’t comment as to whether the age of his products are any different than those sold by QVC.  It could very well be that QVC has held these products for that long, I don’t know.