Respected Contributor

I have tried Dr. Denese pads, Lancer scrub, Nassif MD. pads and scrub (which I do like) but nothing seemed to get rid of or at least lesson my clogged oily t-zone.  One day I decide to buy a $3.99 bottle of DIckinson's pore perfecting tone which hazel.  Been using it for about 2 weeks and finally I do notice a difference!!  It can be drying so I only use it at nightime and only on forehead, nose and chin.  Daytime I use RSM beauty oil around my eyes and sides of face. So far so good.  The white bumps are going away and my pores are shrinking.  Hopefully it will continue to improve and I sure like the price!

Honored Contributor

I bought a bottle of that  a few years ago on my daughter's recommendation. I don't know if it would have done anything for me because I couldn't get past the smell.  I'm happy that it's working for you.

Honored Contributor

So very glad that worked for you.

I got rid of my clogged pores with Moderna Facial Cleanser, a light glycolic.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dickinson's Witch Hazel

[ Edited ]

I also bought a small bottle at the recommendation of my anethetician (sorry I can't spell).  I use it after I take off my make up.  I don't wear make up everyday, but I like to see how much make up is left after I "remove it".

ETA:  I do like the Dr Nassif Pads and I sometimes use them for this, too.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember wtich hazel.  My aunties used to use it.  I never understood why Hazel was a witch and why she was trapped in a bottle....

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Thayers makes one with 2% BHA (salicylic acid) which is perfect for unclogging pores.

Frequent Contributor

I second Thayers.  It has many scents, my favorite is rose. Plus it's has NO alcohol.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl 

I used witch hazel back in my teens for oily skin at the suggestion of my aunt.

I started using it again a while ago at the suggestion of the same aunt. 

I use it every morning after I exfoliate and before makeup.  (I exfoliate with soap/water and exfoliating bath gloves.)

Works great ... and the price is right!

Trusted Contributor

Try Dickinson's witch hazel hydrating toner with rosewater.  Alcohol free and I like the scent.  Or maybe I'm just used to it by now.  $5.99

Respected Contributor

I like and use Dickenson too...the rose with E, no alcohol.