Super Contributor

Happy Sunday! I have a reddened depressed scar on my nose from a skin biopsy and have been using Diane Young Red Neutralizer. It is a khaki colored thick concealer that effectively diminishes the redness and seems to somewhat fill in the scar. Unforunately, it has been discontinued and I would love to find another red neutralizer but I'm having trouble finding anything a similar color. Can anyone recommend a similar product? Thanks!

Valued Contributor

RRe: Diane Young Red Neutralizer

[ Edited ]

I hate when something you love is discontinued! There are a few Diane Young on EBay. If not,  check out Ben Nye Red Neutralizer, HG Cinema Secrets and, Dermablend concealers I use It Bye Bye Redness for me but not sure if thick enough for you. 

Honored Contributor

Re: RRe: Diane Young Red Neutralizer

It was a very good DY product. Worked bettter than the ones that are green. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is red neurtalizer cream crayon on ebay , not expensive by make up artist Ben Nye, looks very good, quite a lot have been sold, under $17.  I see that this was already recommended to you, sorry for the repeat. 

Valued Contributor

@Shelbelle  Agree, the ones that are green just make me look....pale greenish

Respected Contributor

Re: Diane Young Red Neutralizer

It cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Neutralizing color-correcting cream (not the green one) is close to Diane Young's cream. I have used them both. 
It site has a sale going on right now I believe. 
Honored Contributor

Re: Diane Young Red Neutralizer

[ Edited ]

@kwkelley wrote:

Happy Sunday! I have a reddened depressed scar on my nose from a skin biopsy and have been using Diane Young Red Neutralizer. It is a khaki colored thick concealer that effectively diminishes the redness and seems to somewhat fill in the scar. Unforunately, it has been discontinued and I would love to find another red neutralizer but I'm having trouble finding anything a similar color. Can anyone recommend a similar product? Thanks!

@kwkelley   Laura Mercier makes a product called SECRET CAMOUFLAGE. There are 2 colors in a compact that you mix as needed...one lighter than the other to get the right shade for what needs covering. The consistency is much drier and heavier than concealer. It can cover a tattoo or a third arm. I always keep it handy. To cover an indentation, you can apply some setting powder before and after.

***Keep in mind, sometimes the more you try to hide something, the more obvious it can become. You probably see it much  more than others.