Esteemed Contributor

Re: Diana Ross Perfume.....Oh what a mistake!

@makena wrote:

If I want a nice perfume, it won't be something a singer puts on the market. 

Lol! Precisely! Same goes for selebrity skincare, and other stuff they "try their hand at".  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

There are two items that I can guarantee I would never, ever purchase on a shopping channel.  perfume and a mattress.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a fragrance a few years ago from shopping channel. The reviews were so great and everyone loved it.

When I got it, it disliked so much and had to return.

I will never order a fragrance without smelling it first Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Unless you've sampled it in a store, I don't understand how anyone can buy perfume from TV.  Why would you????

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't try a fragrance for the first time from a shopping channel because I like to smell things first.

However, fragrance is very individual.  I wouldn't discount a fragrance just because it has a celebrity name behind it.  I have smelled what I consider to be some very lovely fragrances by Jennifer Lopez and even Britney Spears. 

As far as this Diana Ross scent, it's $85.00 right now.  There are 102 reviews with an average rating of 3 stars.  There are almost as many 1 star reviews as there are 5 star reviews.     

Honored Contributor

I cannot understand how anyone can purchase a perfume or any scented product without actually smelling that product.  Sure, I suppose you can return it but that just seems like to much of a hassle to me.  

Regular Contributor

HSN sells that La Vie Est Belle,  I tried it in a store.  On me it was horrible. I accidentally fot some on my coat cuf and I could smell it for days.   I had to wash the coat.  

Respected Contributor

@gigy wrote:

All I can say is that I fell for it. Ordered Diana Ross's new perfume Diamond Diana on HSN and it arrived today. I am not allowed to leave a review until some 5 days after the item has arrived so I am leaving a review here to save you all $99.00 which I believe is the regular price. It was on sale for $79 as a Today's Special. Well the long and short of it is that the spray cap was defective and did not spray and what little bit did come out smelled awful. I am so upset with myself for being talked in to it. Packed it up and back it goes. I will stick with my Aquq di Goia by Armani. I do love Diana Ross but can't say the same for her product.

@gigy  make sure you advise CS about the cap being defective and they should credit back your shipping.

A while ago. I fell for the Michael Bublle TS set from them and the stench was unreal. I could not even wash it off.  They waived my return shipping.

Honored Contributor

Yes, YOU FELL FOR It.... the sale.... the big draw..... consumer beware.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a real thing.... about buying anything from a celebrity------like they NEED the $$$. I didn't watch Ross at all, as I got the impression H*SN was going to treat her like she was the second coming of someone way more important than she is. And I was right!! 

Send that bottle of junk back!!!!!!