Honored Contributor

Re: Diana Ross Perfume.....Oh what a mistake!

@spot555 wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

Wait.  @sonechko, does that mean you're not going to try Madonna's $600 magnetic mask set?   Or her $120 rose mist?  I mean it's Madonna.  If she says it's the fountain of youth, it must be.  lol 

Oh yuk....really? She works for the dark side, so it must be have satans approval. That wicked witch is sick. 

@spot555

LOL !!!   Sorry, but that's one of the strangest comments I've ever seen on here.   Just what makes you an expert on who "works for the dark side"?  sheesh  

Honored Contributor

Amy stated that a select group of Diana's superfans were able to either purchase the perfume ahead of time or were sent a sample to try, that's why it had reviews.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

@scruffsmom wrote:

HSN sells that La Vie Est Belle,  I tried it in a store.  On me it was horrible. I accidentally fot some on my coat cuf and I could smell it for days.   I had to wash the coat.  

I have received samples of that one and inserts in Macy's ads.  I think it is horrible.  It is so srong. 

I wear La Vie Est Belle almost every day and I love it.  I also wear La Nuit Tresor.  I find the swatches in the mail circulars to not be the best representation of the actual scent, but body chemistry with the actual perfume is a better way to tell.   There are others like DKNY Cashmere Mist that I dislike because it just does not smell right on me, but other people love it.  I thought I like it based on a swatch, and talk about buyer's remorse after having purchased it! Yikes.  Oh well, everyone has their own tastes. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

ajsidney12 wrote:

... I find the swatches in the mail circulars to not be the best representation of the actual scent, but body chemistry with the actual perfume is a better way to tell.   There are others like DKNY Cashmere Mist that I dislike because it just does not smell right on me, but other people love it.  I thought I like it based on a swatch, and talk about buyer's remorse after having purchased it! Yikes ...

I don’t like Cashmere Mist either.  Doesn’t smell good on me.  Many people love it.

Honored Contributor

For those who poo-poo all celebrity fragrances (probably not even having tried them), would you consider buying Chanel, Dior, Gucci, Dolce and Gabbana?

They are apparel designers. They are not perfumers. Just like celebrities, they hire perfumers to create their scents. In fact, perfumers are not snobs. Many have created perfumes for the highest-end designers as well as for "celebrities."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@scruffsmom wrote:

HSN sells that La Vie Est Belle,  I tried it in a store.  On me it was horrible. I accidentally fot some on my coat cuf and I could smell it for days.   I had to wash the coat.  

I  too bought that and don't know why I didn't return it.  I told myself that was the last perfume I woud by from HSN.  They have all been really bad.

Respected Contributor

I don't wear perfume, I do the lighter body splash, generally from Bath & Body Works or Avon. But when I read the fragrance notes of Diana's perfume on another thread, I knew it was not something I would wear and the scent would be unappealing for me. Some celebrity fragrances are nice. I used to wear Debbie Gibson's Electric Youth back in the 80's! Smiley Very Happy 

Occasional Contributor

If you didn't watch, how do you know you're right?

Valued Contributor

@Cumbercookie13I loved, loved, loved DG Electric Youth!

Valued Contributor

Curiosity drove me over to HSN's site to read this perfume's reviews. They made me laugh out loud. I started with the lows...and there were several pages of lows. Nearly every one began with a compliment of Diana herself, but then ended with a funny comparison to a household cleaner or a decades-old scent.  One reviewer summed it up well by writing, "She is so beautiful and just looks like she smells yummy." Even that person hated it. I don't think we should chastise anyone who purchases a scent w/o smelling it first. Haven't we all been fooled by advertising at some point? Whether it be the smell of a cologne, the feel of a fabric, the effectiveness of a gadget, or the fit of a garment? ("This shirt made the hosts and models look like a million bucks. I look like a $10 .....you know...") That being said, now I am very curious to smell this thing for myself. When will technology give us smell-o-vision???