Respected Contributor

Re: Diagnosed with PCOS - Hair Thinning Tips? WEN?

If the cause of your hair thinning is hormonal, perhaps those kind of treatments would help.

Such as birth control pills (my daughter is on them for irregular, very heavy periods), or spironolactone (an androgen blocker).

Not WEN or any other hair product will address it if it's hormonal. You would have to talk to your doctor.

Hyacinth Smile

Honored Contributor

It would best to ask your dr. what is best. Volume shampoos & thickening shampoos that really work have sulfates. Personally, I would alternate between sulfate & non sulfate shampoos. I would definitely stay away from any conditioning cleanser as it weighs the hair down and you don't need that. L'Oreal recently came out with non sulfate shampoos.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

On 3/21/2015 hyacinth003 said:
On 3/20/2015 NC Bandwagon said:

Hello, LolaLulu12 and welcome. Smile

I'm sorry for the diagnoses you got. May I ask what PCOS is?

My hair's fine, but I can recommend products that may help. Nick Chavez makes products called Plump 'N Thick Shampoo and Conditioner, Advanced Plump 'N Thick Shampoo and Conditioner and Advanced Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner with Expansion Technology. I haven't used these, but perhaps they'll help you.There's a picture at the bottom of what they look like.

I'm sure other ladies will be in here with some good suggestions, too.

Hope you find something that works well for you.

PCOS - polycystic ovarian syndrome

Hyacinth

Thanks you for explaining what PCOS is, hyacinth. I didn't know what it was.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

If the cause of your hair thinning is hormonal, perhaps those kind of treatments would help.

Such as birth control pills (my daughter is on them for irregular, very heavy periods), or spironolactone (an androgen blocker).

Not WEN or any other hair product will address it if it's hormonal. You would have to talk to your doctor.

Hyacinth Smile

This was my understanding of hair loss attributed to PCOS, as well - that it is hormonal. If that is truly the case, then I'm doubtful that anything applied topically will help with this issue(?)

Respected Contributor

On 3/21/2015 Colonel Meow said:

Hyacinth Smile

This was my understanding of hair loss attributed to PCOS, as well - that it is hormonal. If that is truly the case, then I'm doubtful that anything applied topically will help with this issue(?)

There are anti-androgen topicals that can be used. The OP should discuss it with her gyn or endocrinologist.

Super Contributor

On 3/21/2015 Linmo said:
On 3/21/2015 Colonel Meow said:

Hyacinth Smile

There are anti-androgen topicals that can be used. The OP should discuss it with her gyn or endocrinologist.

Absolutely agreed!