Trusted Contributor

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra Dry

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra Dry face cream in the jar.

Very moisturizing and hydrating for me, love

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

Totally agree with @JeanLouiseFinch about a difference between hydration and moisture.  And there is a difference between a deydrated complexion and a dry one (or it can be both).   I KNOW I'm dry and I'm fairly certain I'm dehydrated.  If you ask my water-nazi daughter, she would tell you I'm definitely dehydrated.

Essences have made a big difference in my dry complexion.  Also even tho some derms will say you don't need extra hyaluronic acid because it's in everything, it couldn't hurt to try it.  If you do, apply it to your skin while it's damp.  If you get an essence or two, I'd use those first and then go in with the HA and any other serum you use and then your moisturizer.  I have tried other moisturizers but keep coming back to Tatcha's Dewy Night Cream.  I buy mine on eBay from well established, highly rated sellers.  I think I bought a jar during Tatcha's 25% off sale.  Hope I did!  There isn't much to choose from right now on eBay but here are 3 10ml jars for $30.  That will last you quite a while.  I would buy from this seller.  My personal limit is nothing below a 99.7% rating and this one is 99.3, BUT has 13,592 sales so I'd easily go with her listing.  Her name is beautybaby1818.

If you're interested in essences, lmk.  I use the milky ones that offer even more hydration.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I love science.  I want to be you when I grow up Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Oh thanks @monicakm . That was so kind of you to say that.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

No, if you like the "feel" and find it enjoyable to do a skincare routine with it, try to keep using it if you can.  You'll stick with a skincare routine more if you enjoy it.  I love my skincare routines and look forward to doing them.  I'm a little quirky tho (according to my family).

I just noticed that this milky essence/toner is still on sale at Kiehls.  It's one of the ones I use.  IF I could only use one, it would be this one.  It's $32.90 instead of $47.  I have one in storage and one on the way.  I was tempted to buy another but since it's so close to Christmas, I better not.

Milk-Peel Gentle Exfoliating Toner

Honored Contributor

@monicakm  Thank you for the recommendation.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm    I had never heard of 'Essences' before, I have heard of hyaluronic acid, and think I might have a bottle!  I will do some research on 'essences'.

There are many beauty item I never heard of until I started reading the beauty forum...guess I am a late bloomer.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

Essences are hydrating products that prepare your face for the actives you put on after.  Serums and moisturizers penetrate and soak in better when applied over them.  The "milky" ones just add another layer of hydration.

Honored Contributor

I am going to give the gold bond pure a try.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.