Honored Contributor

Can anyone suggest a substitute product for Tatcha Dewy Skin Cream?  

I had a sample and really liked it but it is pretty expensive.  I had purchased ELF Holy Hydration but that product is mis-named...it was no better than other products I have used.

I really need something with more hydration.

I do use a serum first but still need a good moisture product.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Can anyone suggest a substitute product for Tatcha Dewy Skin Cream?  

I had a sample and really liked it but it is pretty expensive.  I had purchased ELF Holy Hydration but that product is mis-named...it was no better than other products I have used.

I really need something with more hydration.

I do use a serum first but still need a good moisture product.

Thanks

I'm confused on what you're actually looking, @Mom2Dogs .  Hydration and Moisturizing are two different things, in the skincare world.  I know they sound like they'd be the same, but apparently they're not.  I would suggest a hydrating mist prior to your serum, and then moisturizer over the top.  Alpha Skincare Body Lotion is very good as a facial moisturizer.  Neutrogena HydroBoost body lotion is also well liked. BTW, is it possible that you might need to reevaluate your serum, to see if you need to switch to something else?

Good luck. 

Honored Contributor

WhatsApp-Image-2019-05-29-at-3.43.33-PM.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Two products I like to use on my face are:

Alpha Skin Care Body Lotion

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Fragrance-Free Hydrating Body Gel Cream 

Either one of those will provide hydration and moisturize. Since they are body products, that makes them heavy-hitters in the hydration/moisturization departments which some us need on the face especially as the dry winter months are upon us.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   @JeanLouiseFinch 

I am looking for a moisturizer  to use after my Dr. Denese Serum and before my foundation.    

I liked the feel of the Tatcha skin cream.  I do have several of  the Alpha products, but they don't 'feel' as good on the skin as the Tatcha product, which I understand may not make a difference in performance, but the Tatchia feels like it is doing what I want it to do.

..yes, I should be drinking more water...thirsty or not.  I have never been a big water drinker. 

thanks!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee ... I probably need to get past the 'feel' that I want on my skin that Tatcha provided.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

Just recently I started using this Gold Bond Pure Moisture Lotion (made for face and body). It's lightweight, hydrates and moisturizes very well. Skin is not tacky or sticky and if I want to apply makeup, I can do that too w/o any issues.

Gold Bond Pure Moisture

image 1 of Gold Bond Lotion, Pure Moisture, 5.5oz Tube

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs I totally get what you mean about skin feel.  It's an important factor in skin care sales.  I'm the same way about the SSC olive oil product I loved so much but is no longer available.  I have never used the Tatcha product, so can't help a lot with that.  I know Neutrogena has a face line that is hyaluronic acid based which is hydrating, the Hydro Boost line.  They have a few different products to choose from, a gel and a gel cream.  If you're not looking for actives, it might be a nice choice.  Since I haven't tried the Tatcha product, I really can't make any comparisons though.

Honored Contributor

SKINSKOOLBEAUTY dot com

Go there to see dupes for your products. Not everything you use will have a dupe there but there are many options to explore.

@Mom2Dogs 

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs I get what you are saying about the "feel" of the Tatcha Dewy Skin Cream as I still use it.  I haven't tried to find a dupe yet because I still have some from a kit that I ordered some time ago.  Please let us know about your results in a search for a dupe for it.   The texture, appearance (color) and feel of the cream are outstanding but expensive. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.