Trusted Contributor

Re: Desert dry hair help please

I love my Moroccan Oil products.  Hydrating line.  Also, use the smooth styling cream, deep conditioner, end mender (forget the exact name), styling prep, they too have argon oil, body and sun products.  My hair looked terribly dried out just from age and coloring, heat styling; now like new hair.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katilein wrote:

Ever since we moved to Las Vegas my hair has been bone dry and frizzy. I’ve tried so many things, nothing helps. Before we moved I had beautiful wavy long hair, and now I just want to cut it all off! Can anyone help,with suggestions please? I’d really appreciate any recommendations 

Las Vegas is known to have some of the hardest water. If you don't have a water softener/conditioner system on your water supply I would consider getting one. It will make a difference in the way your hair and skin feels.

On the hard-water scale Las Vegas has 290 ppm hardness. Anything over 181 is considered very hard.  Minerals found in hard water like calcium and magnesium gets stuck inside the hair cuticle and eventually causes a coating on the hair. This in turn prevents any moisture from entering the hair shaft. To put it in simple terms, your hair products will not work if you are using hard water.

You can counter act the effects of hard water by adding vinegar to rinse your hair. This will help remove mineral build-up and help your products penetrate the shaft.

Regular Contributor

Which product from Sally’s is it you used?

Regular Contributor

We do have a water softener, and it helps a lot. 

Honored Contributor

I was also going to suggest Carol's Daughter Monoi Hair Mask. It's the one thing that gave my hair life, bounce and weightless manageability when my hair was super dry. This mask is top-rated and it really does work. You can buy it from HSN.

carols-daughter-4-oz-monoi-repairing-hair-mask-d-20120912100632927_149736.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Katilein wrote:

Ever since we moved to Las Vegas my hair has been bone dry and frizzy. I’ve tried so many things, nothing helps. Before we moved I had beautiful wavy long hair, and now I just want to cut it all off! Can anyone help,with suggestions please? I’d really appreciate any recommendations 

@Katilein

@We lived in the high desert in Utah for @2 years , I feel ya.  I would try WEN Fig, or WEN Tuscan Fig.  It is the most moisturizing CC.  I would also add WEN oil into your regime.  These two products helped repair my medicine damaged hair, and I always have them on standby.  

It's on sale this month!

Best wishes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@Katilein wrote:

I too live in Las Vegas, we moved from Southern Calif. My only suggestion is lots of conditioners and a smoothing serum. Find a good stylist with good products. I go to The Salon on the Lake in Summerlin. Very knowledgeable stylists.   

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning