Respected Contributor

Derma Rolling - I finally bought one

Just the smallest needles and I've watched a couple videos but what I want to know is do I follow with my normal skin care after? Retinol / face cream / etc? Or, do you not use that stuff on the nights you use Derma Roller, I do know you only use once a week but I couldn't find anything that explains about after skin care.

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Derma Rolling - I finally bought one

I've been rolling for several years. My first session was done by a professional and I learned a few things. I also bought a book about rolling so that I could learn more and do it properly with the right device and products. You may want to get this book before you go any further.  This book will answer many of your questions. The author has his own website (whitelotusantiaging dot com) where he sells his own skincare for microneedling but you don't need to buy it. The book is very informative and takes a holistic approach. I love the White lotus roller. It is the first and only non-metal needle roller and it lasts for one full year!

51281-KOgHL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Honored Contributor

Where did you buy your roller? @SandGirl

Trusted Contributor

Well this is something new to me and really intriguing. Please tell me what your results were and why you began using it. Also, after reading your post I see there are titanium ones and the other material you mentioned.

Thank you for posting.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  thank you I will check out the book!! I didn't even think of the rollers wearing out, I just haven't looked into it that far but I am now and I mainly have a few spots on my face I want to work it on but I suppose over time I will migrate to my full face? Maybe if/when I am more comfortable with it and understand it more

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee titaniam one that I got from Amazon, it has a face roller, eye and body - I just rec'd it today so haven't even looked at it very closely...

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@SilleeMee  thank you I will check out the book!! I didn't even think of the rollers wearing out, I just haven't looked into it that far but I am now and I mainly have a few spots on my face I want to work it on but I suppose over time I will migrate to my full face? Maybe if/when I am more comfortable with it and understand it more

Metal rollers, including stainless steel and titanium, need to be replaced at least every 3 months if not sooner, depending on their quality and type of metal. Titanium needles tend to bend over time, especially when they get dull. Steel needles are more bend-resistant but need replacing more often. So if I had to choose a metal, I go with steel and replace monthly to insure that I'm using sharp needles. Remember that the roller you use is very important. Improper use of rollers is trauma to the skin and that is not good. Please be careful with this kind of thing and I encourage you to get information about rolling from a professional...a book is an excellent source and not what you read on the internet.Woman Happy@SandGirl