Super Contributor

Has anyone had experience with a derma roller?

thx

Honored Contributor

Re: Derma Roller

[ Edited ]

Yes, I've been rolling for a few years. It's a very serious treatment that should be done only after you have either consulted with a professional or have read literature written by the pros. I highly recommend this book:

Holistic Microneedling by Anthony Kingston

Keep in mind that what you do to your skin before and after rolling is MORE important than the actual rolling itself. That is what makes this process successful or not. Be careful, get the book!Woman Happy

Super Contributor

thank you

have you had positve results?

very red after?

Trusted Contributor

Just read about this device in a magazine.

I hope more posters chime in!

Respected Contributor
I bumped a thread up for you to read....😍
Respected Contributor
I bumped up several threads that will help you with your questions. Hope they help....😍
Super Contributor

I used to derma roll regularly and with derma rolling depending on the size of the needles, regularly is about every 4 to 6 weeks. Last year though I did a face plant to a concrete sidewalk while walking my dog, got severe abrasions to my face and havent derma rolled since. I would like to get started again. I feel it was beneficial to my skin and the only place i am still worried about is a scar between my upper lip and nose where they used surgical glue to pull the skin together. It is still pink and I am thinking maybe I should skip that part when I start again. My face would be red right afterwards (like sunburn red) and I only had bleeding on a few occasions. The redness was always gone the next day. Warning- it hurts but you eventually get more used to it. Several different websites sell the rollers and you should start out slow. You can apply more pressure as your skin gets used to it. Good Luck!   

Contributor

I'm curious about this as well. I just purchased a DermaRoller from Hautelook for $17. I had not researched it much prior to my purchase. It has needles that are .25mm, so not very long. Even after reading about it, I'm still not sure about that size. I believe it's a good starter size but I would probably not go above a .50mm. I've read elsewhere about people going much longer in length. I've read the difference between the shorter vs the longer is with the longer needles it would increase collagen production. I've used it twice and it stings a little but not so bad that I can't tolerate it. Not sure how long it will take to see any results, if any. My face was red afterwards but that went away after about an hour. I used Copper P on my face afterwards to calm.

Contributor

I'm also curious to know what size the needles are on the Rodan & Fields dermaroller. I have freinds who swear that their tool is what has made their skin better.

Honored Contributor

The book I mentioned earlier here will answer any and all questions you may have about rolling. It really is a very good book.Woman Wink Please don't rely on what you read on the internet like customer reviews and blogs about rolling devices. There is a lot of misinformation out there.