Honored Contributor

I would never use petroleum jelly on my face.  When I had Graves Disease, I had very itchy dry skin on my face and my dermatologist advised DOVE soap and that I wash my face with warm water, not hot.  That worked for me.  

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz What Aveeno product do you use?

Honored Contributor

Re: Derm uses vaseline

[ Edited ]

@lavendar wrote:

@Nightowlz What Aveeno product do you use?

@lavendar 

I had to go look. LOL!!! Aveeno Eczema Therapy Daily Moisturizing Cream for sensitive skin, soothing lotion with Colloidal Oatmeal. 

I don't have eczema but I do have sensitive skin.

The only other thing I have been using the past 2 yrs or so is Lord Jones CBD acid mantle repair & their face oil.

Esteemed Contributor

I was also told to use Vaseline by my Derm.  I get hives from Neosporin & Polysporin.

Honored Contributor

Dh is battling skin cancer and has had many Moh's procedures and full on surgeries to remove lesions.

His team of 6 Dr's. all tell him to use Vaseline in the healing stage.

Right now, he has a 6" incision with stitches on his back from a surgery last week and our post op instructions are to coat with Vaseline when we change the bandage.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

My Mom used Vaseline all her life. Everyone always remarked about her beautiful skin. 

Super Contributor

@KingstonsMom  Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that!  I hope he recovers fully & that you take care, as well.  So much stuff going on with everyone Heart

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much @RooRoo, but I have a horrible feeling that this isn't going well at all.

His Dad died from melanoma that metastasized to his brain at a much younger age than DH is now.

DH's has been raging most of this year, he's had many surgeries, radiation and they're now looking at Immuno-therapy, since he has an immune disorder to start with.

I panic every time he 'over sleeps'.

Thank you so much for your kind and heartfelt post, it's much appreciated!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I know some use on their feet,i have , but this really surprises me,on the face. Certainly cheap,enough.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: Derm uses vaseline

[ Edited ]

@RooRoo 

I have one elbow that stays red andscalyy from it sitting on my desk so much.  None of my lotions ever got rid of it.  It finally dawned on me to tryNeosporinn...no more red flaky elbow Smiley Happy