Super Contributor

@KingstonsMom  Oh!  I'm so very sorry Smiley Sad You & your DH will be in my prayers but, please take care of yourself too.  Try to have a good holiday & hang in there, things CAN turn around. Heart

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Dh is battling skin cancer and has had many Moh's procedures and full on surgeries to remove lesions.

His team of 6 Dr's. all tell him to use Vaseline in the healing stage.

Right now, he has a 6" incision with stitches on his back from a surgery last week and our post op instructions are to coat with Vaseline when we change the bandage.

@KingstonsMom   You've mentioned your husband's health problems, but I wasn't sure what they were.  I'm so sorry that he (and you) are going through this.  I will keep you both in my prayers.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Thank you.  I just called my mother to tell her to put Vaseline on dad's sore he's had on the end of his nose at the septum for WEEKS.  He's had skin cancers removed before and it's concerning that his has been there for so long.

Honored Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Thank you.  I just called my mother to tell her to put Vaseline on dad's sore he's had on the end of his nose at the septum for WEEKS.  He's had skin cancers removed before and it's concerning that his has been there for so long.

@monicakm  Because vaseline is made from petroleum it shouldn't be used around the nostril area.  If it's breathed into the lungs it can cause pneumonia.  I know your Dad is elderly and has been having health problems lately.  I just wanted you to know in case the sore he has is near his nostrils. Heart

Honored Contributor

@decaf 

Uh oh!  Thanks, I'll let him know.  Mom said the reason it hasn't healed is because he keeps cutting it while shaving.

Esteemed Contributor

My aunt suffers from Sjogren's disease, and receives infusion treatments twice a year, so I am well aware of the symptoms. I can't remember what her doctor recommended for her face and that she uses. I will mention to her about the Vaseline for her body for the extreme dryness.

On a different note I use Bag Balm on my feet which in my opinion is just medicated vaseline. It works wonders for dry feet. I also purchase some Bag balm lip products, so I am interested in how those will work. 

Honored Contributor

Good grief, looks like my keyboard had the hiccups!

Honored Contributor

my dermatologist uses vaseline after removal of "stuff"

the denegration of it here is just to sell clean products

Super Contributor

If you would like to try vaseline for your skin but do not want to use a petrochemical type, you could try Alba un-petroleum multi purpse jelly- which is a clean "vaseline" It isn't quite a thich as vaseline, it is lighter.