Contributor

I have to use Nair to remove the hair on my upper lip.  It usually works great - I can wipe all the hair off after 10 mins.

This morning it didn't work at all- didn't even remove the finer hairs.  like a dope I did another application (dumb, I know) and that didn't remove anything either.  It didn't even weaken the hairs!

I don't think the cream was that old - it worked last month. I hope my body chemistry didn't change or something.  I hate waxing. Any ideas why this happened.  Any suggestions for a different depilatory cream?  Thaks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Depilatory stopped working

I suggest you just buy a new jar or tube,  It sounds like you got an old or bad batch of product or maybe the product was not stored at the right temperature. It happens sometimes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sherlene ~ it might have work d last month, but after two tries this time, it finally fizzled out.  I think it's time for a new bottle.  Can I suggest a product that's on the southern channel by Serious Skin Care item #296-600 (for face) also item #477-306 (face, arms, legs and a post treatment cream). It's called Serious Skincare Liquid Laser.  I tried it a long time ago for legs and arms and remember it worked well.

Honored Contributor

Avon has a terrific hair remover! I hoard them when they go on sale for $2.99! You won't be disappointed. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I used to use Nair but now much prefer the Sally Hansen wax strip kit.  Quick, relatively painless and effective.

Honored Contributor

I use an emjoi and, if used regularly, it is relatively painless.  My face is very smooth and hairless.  It really makes a difference and I especially notice it if I apply foundation.