Honored Contributor

Denis (Tweak'd) talking about silicones

I just don't get it.  He keeps talking bad about silicones yet he uses them in most of his products.  On HSN they were presenting Wild Summer Apricot Hair Treatment.  The host says something about it not having silicone, he hesitates a second and then says "yeah".  Then they go to the model with the white hair that the poof so much and the host is talking about how she naturally has that white hair that everybody is trying to get these days and that it has no yellow in it.  Now, actually, there was a little yellow in her long bangs, but still she does have beautiful hair.  And Denis starts talking about how it's silicone that turns the white hair yellow.  Well, that product has silicones in it.  

I really wish he would remove them, but at least he should be truthful about it.  I do use a couple of his products.  The Restore Oil doesn't have any silicones in it, but the styling cream does.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Denis (Tweak'd) talking about silicones

From Byrdie:
"There are a couple of “good” silicones out there—or rather, silicones that are water-soluble. These include dimethicone copolyol, stearoxy dimethicone, and behenoxy dimethicone. Thankfully, these silicones won’t cause buildup. According to Davines 
international scientific communication manager Laura Luciani, good silicones are boiled down to their breathable nature."

Which silicones does Tweaked use? If it is in this group, maybe it is better.