Respected Contributor

Denese Hydroshield Eye Emulsion v. Med MD33 Eye Gel

I'm going to run out of the Denese Hydroshield Eye Emulsion (0.5 oz) before the next A/D of the 3/31 TSV is shipped at the end of July. I really like it and was contemplating buying more, but it's $49 here. (Dr. D is having a big holiday sale on her site, but all the Eye Emulsion is sold out.) The Q is offering a duo of the well-reviewed Med MD 33 Eye Gel (2 0.5 oz jars) for $59. 

I was wondering if anyone has used both products and had opinions on them. They appear very similar--both are a peachy-colored gel, and the ingredient decks are very close. 

Any feedback would be appreciated. If Dr. D restocks on her site before the sale is over, I'll buy there, but if someone who's used both thinks the MD 33 would stand in well for the Emulsion, I'll get the duo here. Wish the TSV had included the 1-ounce size of the Emulsion, which Dense offers on her site.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Denese Hydroshield Eye Emulsion v. Med MD33 Eye Gel

I have used both products and prefer the MD33 Eye. I am a Dr. Denese skin care user for years. I swear by her products. I have very fair, sensitive skin with a ton of allergies. I started to react to the eye hydroshild gel so I switched back to the eye fixer upper duo. I like these products as well and see a difference. I just recently (this year) tried the MD33 Eye and LOVE that product. (you use this for upper and lower eye) It sells out fast. I am kicking myself that I didn't order when it was a supersize oto. I dont' think you would be disappointed in either of the products but I would try the MD33 Eye first if you are a fan of they the other.

Respected Contributor

Re: Denese Hydroshield Eye Emulsion v. Med MD33 Eye Gel

@Fressa wrote:

I have used both products and prefer the MD33 Eye. I am a Dr. Denese skin care user for years. I swear by her products. I have very fair, sensitive skin with a ton of allergies. I started to react to the eye hydroshild gel so I switched back to the eye fixer upper duo. I like these products as well and see a difference. I just recently (this year) tried the MD33 Eye and LOVE that product. (you use this for upper and lower eye) It sells out fast. I am kicking myself that I didn't order when it was a supersize oto. I dont' think you would be disappointed in either of the products but I would try the MD33 Eye first if you are a fan of they the other.

@Fressa Perfect! That is just the kind of informed response I was hoping to get. I'll definitely get the MD33 Eye. Even with the 30% discount on the Denese site over the weekend, the Q's price for the duo (two 0.5-oz jars) is better than two of the same jars from Denese directly.

Thanks so much for the answer, fellow Dense fan! Heart