Trusted Contributor

Dehydrated skin is there anything that can help.

I use to think I just had dry skin - and it is a little but I've realized that it is dehydrated. I've tried everything including hylorinic acid, drinking a lot of water and anything else that seems moisturizing. Does anyone know of something that might help?

Honored Contributor

Re: Dehydrated skin is there anything that can help.

@isaboo wrote:

I use to think I just had dry skin - and it is a little but I've realized that it is dehydrated. I've tried everything including hylorinic acid, drinking a lot of water and anything else that seems moisturizing. Does anyone know of something that might help?

Found CeraVe moisturizing cream no matter my skin care products. End with this, Let my serum and moisturizer absorb 5mins then apply face neck eye area. Hyaluronic acid attracts moisture. If I don't use notice a difference. Concerning body cream, Swear by! Eucerin Intensive Repair Rich Lotion For Very Dry Skin!! Best product. Both are Fragrance Free. Try not using hot water showering, While skin is damp apply moisture. Worked for me.
Honored Contributor

The best thing I ever did was get a shower filter. Removing the extra minerals and chlorine really helped my skin, and my hair. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I also have dry skin. A great dermatologist told me to stop using soap! I use a soap free baby wash or organic soap free wash. But Aveeno makes a soap free facial cleanser. I try to use mainly organic products on my face and body as I don't like to add chemicals on my skin. Also use a rich facial and body moisturizer. I add a bit of olive oil or argon oil to my moisturizers and it really works!!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will give them a try.

Respected Contributor

If you are truly dehydrated look at some of the products available on Amazon for dehydration. They are much lower in sugar, and better balanced than Gatorade. You can also drink Pedilyte. As we age (don't know your age) it gets harder to stay hydrated. I saw where Kathie Lee Grifford got dehydrated while traveling overseas and now she says she drinks one if these products for dehydration e eryday. There are also many who drink Pedialyte everyday too. 

Respected Contributor

@isaboo, also consider taking something internally.  What worked for me initially was cod liver oil. It has many benefits for the skin.  Just one teaspoon a day cured my skin dehydration problem.

Last year I had to stop taking the cod liver oil for health reasons, but I have been eating salmon every day for many months (which Dr. Perricone recommends) and my skin is still well hydrated.  

Honored Contributor

Topical sea buckthorn works for me.    I have oily skin, but live in a very arid and windy climate.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom wrote:

The best thing I ever did was get a shower filter. Removing the extra minerals and chlorine really helped my skin, and my hair. 

Excellent point! Live in the Adirondacks. My water source, Artison freshest water from mother earth. My hair has never looked better! Do use WEN. Mentioned hot water enemy, To hair and body. Plus! Not heart smart. Recall years ago article on the subject.
Honored Contributor

Many people don't know this, but dehydrated, dry skin can be a result of not eating enough vitamin C, especially if you are a smoker. I would start with getting enough vitamin C into your diet.Woman Happy